Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Who else has jumped in on a Tripltek Tablet?

Reaction score
Website
aerialedgeva.com
So here is where I am trying to find out who else has a Tripltek Tablet? We can discuss things here Tripltek related. Also do you use it with the Inspire 1, Inspire 2, Matrice 100, Phantom, or Cendence Controller?

So I am loving the tablet and so far, but the factory tablet clamp does not work well with this tablet. I have decided to make something, it will be a work in Progress but I am hoping in the next day or so to have a working prototype. How is everyone liking it so far?

Dave

Please keep this thread on topic which is about the new Tripltek tablet.

Please start a new thread for ‘Other Projects etc’

Thanks

A little sneak peak. Im working on a couple of different options at this point. This is going to rely on the thicker edge of the tablet and the metal plate in the back to hold it into place.

I am planning to make a version that converts any of the standard tablet holder so the Tripltek. This is the second revision. This one requires a small amount of modification of the case for them to fit nice. Going to design a version that will require no mods.

Most Likely going to make the designs available on thingverse as I get them designed and completed.16128334559541494212912193831014.jpg

Reactions: Mavikhan
I have posted quite an in-depth technical review of the TriplTek Pro over on PhantomPilots.

I really like the tablet. I have a SIM installed for cellular use and it works great.

Thor's Drone World is just taking orders for a new mount that clamps onto the bottom edge of the tablet. It offers a 1/4"-20 standard mount once it is installed. It looks like it is "good enough" but as far as I am concerned the only "viable" mount would be to emulate the Crystalsky mount method so you have access to ALL the Crystalsky mounts out there.

Now it is obvious that TDW did what they did to sell more of their Mjolnar mounts, but I still think it is a poor design.

Ultimately it clamps on the bottom edge of the tablet. I can see it causing wear and possibly getting loose requiring shimming after long-term usage. There *may* be extra play that is taken up by retightening the screws, but any way you look at it, it is a poor design. I mean clamping in once single place along a long-edge is just poor. Especially when there are bolt holes already available.

Ultimately the best designs would use the available, unused screw holes on the back and the bottom of the tablet. If done properly it would have the "Crystalsky" mount point behind the tablet, thus balancing it out and offering almost a "hidden" design.

Key for most designers is the fact that in that regard it would have off the back... but I am sure someone could come up with a simple system to have the Crystalsky "mount" to be removeable and allow for a slim profile of the tablet for storage and use while not in use on a drone.

I recently purchased a Tripletek Pro after spending several frustrating days trying to get various apps loaded on a Crystalsky 7.85. So far, I've been impressed. Resolution is not quite as good as the CS, but the brightness is very good, about half way between the CS high brightness and ultra. Biggest advantage is the operating system (runs on ver. 9 as opposed to ver. 5.x), processing speed is much faster and comes with 8G of RAM and 128G of storage, which can be expanded by 256G. Once you get used to the interface, which has a few quirks, it's very easy to use.

Had no problem loading DJI Go, DJI Go4, DroneDeploy, Dronelink and several other drone related apps. I had been unable to load Dronelink on the CS, despite many frustrating hours and coaching from Dronelink support. CS's archaic operating system has severe limitations. So far I haven't had any issues using the Tripltek, highly recommend it as an alternative to DJI's CS.

I will have an update this weekend. What you mention I am currently working on. I am also working on an adapter mount that will not change the profile of the tablet but allow most any tablet mount work with the tripltek and still have a secure mounting.

I am working on a couple of different options. In the end I will probably offer some for sale, but the files will be open source for other to make their own versions and modify them to fit their needs.

Last edited:
Dave,

I have heard good things about this tablet and Ken Heron (YouTube) likes it too. I would be interested in one of yours if you can make it plug’n-play. How’s the battery life? The one nice thing about the CS is you cab hot-swap the battery. Please PM me if you want to talk about pricing and other details.

BirdUp

I can add that battery life is great. I get at least 2 days solid usage out of it. It has a 10,000mAh battery.

Figure a solid day on max brightness... Plenty for a tablet.

I can add that battery life is great. I get at least 2 days solid usage out of it. It has a 10,000mAh battery.

Figure a solid day on max brightness... Plenty for a tablet.
So far this has been my experience as well. I was hoping to have a nice little video today of the first universal design. But I want something that can be used in a commercial setting. I ran into some issues of when trying to do a battery swap and having the remote on a lanyard. There is a simple solution for that. When clamped into the factory tablet holder on the Inspire series it hold well and does not slide. Some of the aftermarket Mavic style holders it wants to slide so I did a complete redesign to try and solve that problem. Looks like I will have a couple of different designs for this after all. Options are good.

ETA: I use the CS everyday at work, my honest opinion is the tablet does offer more positives over the CS. The one positive of the CS is the mounting on the Inspire Series and Cendence controllers and the battery that can be swapped. Where the tablet falls short in the mounting aspect it makes up for it with the ability to change out cables in the field if there is a pin failure on the usb plug side.

Although the CS is very nice and I do like them. If given the option and spending my own money I would go with the Tripltek any day. Just for a point of reference I have no affiliation with the company. I paid for mine after looking for a CS like solution for my personal owned drones. I just really like the Tripltek a bunch.

I was initially going to build a dedicated mount for the Inspire remote but I have an Ipad still that I use when mapping and dual operator mode. I do not want to change the entire mount out, so a "Universal" adapter seems to be the most logical step here.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207