Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Why are there so many people off loading their Inspire 2

It's still more efficient than the M600 or Alta 8 that carries up to 40lbs. That carries 35lbs. I'm pretty sure it defeats the M600 in everything but of course at a cost. It would be perfect if you could use the DJI Enterprise accessories for the M210 line on it but w/o massive coding, I don't think it would happen.

If we can just combine the best of DJI, Alta, and Skydio we would have the best drones in the world but the world doesn't work this way. The ultimate goal should be how to live long as possible together but of course, this will never work this way unless an asteroid or huge controlled Act of God wipes out 75% or more of the world and only the best 25% that live come together as one and build it up from what was leftover. The controlled Acts of God that have been happening many times since the beginning of Earth. The dinosaurs for example. If we weren't born as a creature here, hopefully not as a monkey test subject for chemical toxicity, we would be born somewhere else in the universe or another. Who knows. Where we are now, a lot of things we believe are ultimately guesses. We are far from peak knowledge-base. The idea is to guess the Best with all the clues and evidence we have to work with to date.
" I'm pretty sure it defeats the M600 in everything but of course at a cost. "
LOL. A Huey defeats the M600 in everything but of course at a cost....

Reactions: mmoguls
" I'm pretty sure it defeats the M600 in everything but of course at a cost. "
LOL. I'm pretty sure a Huey defeats the M600 in everything but of course at a cost.
Unless the Huey contains a camera w/ a gimbal, the vibrations would be really bad.

One of the issues is many of the I2 have the X5 camera and that is 16mp, where the Mavic is 20mp, but to me that is deceptive, I fly both, and the I2 is superior to the Mavic and is more stable in wind. For the hobbyist I think the Mavic is a better choice, but for the professional the I2 does a wonderful job.
The company I'm working for is upgrading to the X7 camera but going to stay with the I2.
When I go out for family or fun shoots, I use the Mavic

Remember this one?

birdy, birdy in the sky
dropped a poopy in my eye
i'm not sad, i won't cry
i'm just glad that cows don't fly. :D

Reactions: dougcjohn
Remember this one?

birdy, birdy in the sky
dropped a poopy in my eye
i'm not sad, i won't cry
i'm just glad that cows don't fly. :D
I hadn't heard that version.... I've heard a few that end with the same closing line.
Good One!

One of the issues is many of the I2 have the X5 camera and that is 16mp, where the Mavic is 20mp, but to me that is deceptive, I fly both, and the I2 is superior to the Mavic and is more stable in wind. For the hobbyist I think the Mavic is a better choice, but for the professional the I2 does a wonderful job.
The company I'm working for is upgrading to the X7 camera but going to stay with the I2.
When I go out for family or fun shoots, I use the Mavic

A 12mm Zuiko & X5S is great for map / modeling grid, but a M2P is a much better solution for the bike trial gear. They're at opposite ends of the scale with a lot of overlap in the middle and uniqueness to each on the ends.

I'd agree... The X5S will produce better images. The pixel count is misleading at times too, especially with the ultra micro small pixels in this 1/2.3 or 1" cameras. Density, size of pixel, quality of sensor's pixels & associated circuits and several other variables.

Placing 20mp on a sensor that's smaller than a MFT sensor with 16mp, indicates the size difference in the pixels and that can effect quality in multiple variables. Add in the glass difference, both size & quality. The A7Sii is a low pixel count compared to modern 40-100meg sensors. Although it'll out perform in noise, low light and EV... producing some impressive shots not obtainable with higher "specification" cameras.

There was a great article... quick look didn't find it... that was a great discussion of pixel "size" vs count and the various technologies to collect the image.

Unless the Huey contains a camera w/ a gimbal, the vibrations would be really bad.

Actually that's successfully be done with great results. It was moved to lighter ships for a better fit in the role... but ultra sharp, high zoom, mounted above rotor gear or belly.

Played with UH for bit, then over to BellJet - the OH58, and later to the AH64.
But the UH1B & UH1D did experiment with observation cameras while experimenting with mounting various armaments.

This image shows sensor size nicely. Full frame DSLR's and FF Mirrorless are the biggest till we move to medium format and up.

DJI Spark, original Mavic....1/2.3 inch, 12mp
X4S, Mavic 2 pro P4P....1 inch, 20 mp
X5.... 4/3rds 16 mp
X5S.... 4/3rds 20 mp
X7....APC-S 24 mp
Sony A7R3.... Full Frame 42mp

SensorSize.jpg

Reactions: marctronixx
This image shows sensor size nicely. Full frame DSLR's and FF Mirrorless are the biggest till we move to medium format and up.

DJI Spark, original Mavic....1/2.3 inch, 12mp
X4S, Mavic 2 pro P4P....1 inch, 20 mp
X5.... 4/3rds 16 mp
X5S.... 4/3rds 20 mp
X7....APC-S 24 mp
Sony A7R3.... Full Frame 42mp

View attachment 27032
Yep, these sensor chart clearly show the sensor size of the FF.
For clarity, the X5 & X5S in your example are the same size sensor just higher density. The 3rd Ring is the MFT, the 4th is 1".

That an interesting one... the X7 is somewhere between the FF & APS-C correct.
It's near same length of FF but narrower.

The chart does indicate pixel size too... the FF vs 1". The 1" is roughly 8x smaller (2.5x3 roughly) than a FF sensor. Although a high density 1" can be 20mp, an avg FF is 24mp and high density A7Siii is 42. At 8x the size only double the pixel density indicates the pixels are much larger. Indicating more than a sensor's MP that produces top images.

Reactions: SanCap
Yep, these sensor chart clearly show the sensor size of the FF.
For clarity, the X5 & X5S in your example are the same size sensor just higher density. The 3rd Ring is the MFT, the 4th is 1".

That an interesting one... the X7 is somewhere between the FF & APS-C correct.
It's near same length of FF but narrower.

I believe the X7 is also known as Super 35 which is a tad wider on the sides and about the same height. (6016×3200). My sony image size is 7952 × 5304

I believe the X7 is also known as Super 35 which is a tad wider on the sides and about the same height. (6016×3200). My sony image size is 7952 × 5304
Sounds correct... recalled it was more rectangular as in optimal cinema. That's actually larger than I realized. I thought it was slightly under a FF.

Sounds correct... recalled it was more rectangular as in optimal cinema. That's actually larger than I realized. I thought it was slightly under a FF.

X7/super 35 is still significantly smaller than FF. I am not dissing it, they are all wonderful sensors/tools for the tool box.

super35.jpg

X7/super 35 is still significantly smaller than FF. I am not dissing it, they are all wonderful sensors/tools for the tool box.

View attachment 27033
amazing... I thought it was about that size. It's evidently very pixel dense for the resolution you indicated above post. Much smaller pixels than a FF.

These new technologies continues to amaze me. At times I'm still in awe in the size of digital image files and the level of manipulation that can be performed. Remember when digital first hit consumer level availability.... everyone compared it to film and how inaccurate, low performance, slow to process, the digital was in comparison to capture the light and the blinking of the cache light writing a single image to memory, and now just a short 20 yrs later it's awesome.

Reactions: SanCap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6