Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Why does my inspire 1 Zenmuse x3 camera/gimbal do this?

Reaction score
Right when I turn it on the gimbal starts going crazy and spins everywhere and the camera starts looking down?

I would bet you it needs calibration. So you know, the small nuts on end of each arm where the motor armatures attach are, hmm how do they explain it, polarized or magnetized. They have to be aligned properly or it goes crazy. I’m sure someone with more knowledge can tell you which one is skewed which way based on where the camera ends up.

I would bet you it needs calibration. So you know, the small nuts on end of each arm where the motor armatures attach are, hmm how do they explain it, polarized or magnetized. They have to be aligned properly or it goes crazy. I’m sure someone with more knowledge can tell you which one is skewed which way based on where the camera ends up.
Do you know anyone that can help or have a video?

Right when I turn it on the gimbal starts going crazy and spins everywhere and the camera starts looking down?
Moved to correct section.

You do not say what camera you are talking about - there are several that attach to the Inspire 1.

Have you tried using Google/YouTube which has a plethora of video content showing gimbal calibration?

Or, using search on this forum.......

You‘re welcome.

Edit: You do not mention but.... is this a/the camera you have removed/replaced which you have another thread on?
If so - you will have to research how the securing magnetic nut needs alignment in order for the gimbal to initialize correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Donnie Frank
There is one on YouTube on how to set up the magnets on the x3 camera

Moved to correct section.

You do not say what camera you are talking about - there are several that attach to the Inspire 1.

Have you tried using Google/YouTube which has a plethora of video content showing gimbal calibration?

Or, using search on this forum.......

You‘re welcome.

Edit: You do not mention but.... is this a/the camera you have removed/replaced which you have another thread on?
If so - you will have to research how the securing magnetic nut needs alignment in order for the gimbal to initialize correctly.
Zenmuse x3 and I can’t find and videos

Hi - I had the exact same problem when I first picked up my second-user Inspire 1 Pro. Everything worked perfectly after I calibrated the IMU (I did the compass while I was at it). Try that before getting to involved in hardware adjustments. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669