Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Wind speeds

Reaction score
What is the best app for wind speeds?
I’m currently using UAV Forecast but is there any better app out there for iOS devices?
Thanks

I use windy.com. It has been amazingly accurate. And because it's web-based, you can access data from any platform. Oh, and it's FREE. My business partner and I have been using it religiously for about 2 years.

D

Don't forget... the reporting stations for these reports can often be miles away. I carry a portable anemometer.

My drone Flight Record work order includes space for forecast conditions such as wind temp and sky conditions. The on site I record the actual conditions. They are often very different.

Reactions: Phillip DeVore
I am always confused why people will not pay $4 for a quality app?
I agree 100%.
I’m also an educator at a local college. I have seen this become more and more prevalent as the years have gone by. Nobody expects to pay anything anymore.
I think it’s as a result of the free online experience. What these folks don’t realize is that the advertisers are paying the tab. That’s why some free apps have advertising built-in. People like me would rather pay a few dollars to eliminate the ads.
I guess you can probably get a free anemometer as long as you don’t mind someone handing it to you each time you use it and telling you about the latest and greatest hamburger shop to open up.

Reactions: SanCap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth