Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

x3 Camera black screen (gimbal still works) .. and internal fan not spining

Reaction score
Hello guys,

did anyone had this issue before, I went to make some photos today near my hometown, in an rural area. Everything was perfect after 2 weeks of thick fog I finally could make the photos for this client, but after powering up the screen on the iPad was black, everything was controllable except the camera, all camera settings ware not shown, in the first few minutes on the top side there was the NO SIGNAL message, altrough the HD signal was full, after a few minutes I got the greeen SAFE TO FLY message, but still no image or camera settings, just a white DJI in the middle of the black screen.

Now I reached my office and made a short video, also noticed the internal fan is not working :(

I tried so far:
  • each of my remotes behave the same, all the information on the screen except camera parameters and live stream
  • closing all apps on iPad and reopening the DJI Go
  • swapping iPad with my iPhone 5s on the same remote
  • using iPad on master remote and iPhone on slave remote
  • swapping batteries
  • removing gimbal, cleaning contacts on field with a cloth and reinstalling again
To me the very strange thing is that the internal fan is not spinning. A friend bringd the OSMO but I know it cant be installed on the inspire, now I'm talking to DJI support on their live chat, we'll see what they suggest.

PS. Another issue I had ocasionally since I got my inspire is to drop the live feed while in close range, like 10m away or even closer! When it happen it shoed the NO SIGNAL message, but I was in full controll of the Inspire, only the live video was stopped. Never had issues while the quad was far away, and I tested it once while I was hiking a mountain, away of any other radio signal, 2km and everything was fine.

I tried so far:
  • each of my remotes behave the same, all the information on the screen except camera parameters and live stream
  • closing all apps on iPad and reopening the DJI Go
  • swapping iPad with my iPhone 5s on the same remote
  • using iPad on master remote and iPhone on slave remote
  • swapping batteries
  • removing gimbal, cleaning contacts on field with a cloth and reinstalling again
To me the very strange thing is that the internal fan is not spinning. A friend bringd the OSMO but I know it cant be installed on the inspire, now I'm talking to DJI support on their live chat, we'll see what they suggest.

PS. Another issue I had ocasionally since I got my inspire is to drop the live feed while in close range, like 10m away or even closer! When it happen it shoed the NO SIGNAL message, but I was in full controll of the Inspire, only the live video was stopped. Never had issues while the quad was far away, and I tested it once while I was hiking a mountain, away of any other radio signal, 2km and everything was fine.
From your description, I'd be inclined to think it's a problem with the gimbal contacts. Are they lined up perfectly? Are they the same height? Other than that, it's probably a camera fault. The fact that the fan is not running, no picture and no camera controls seems to me like it's a power issue. Hope you can sort it out.

The osmo cam will mount and should give an image (the gimbal doesn't work though) so it might help troubleshooting.

From your description, I'd be inclined to think it's a problem with the gimbal contacts. Are they lined up perfectly? Are they the same height? Other than that, it's probably a camera fault. The fact that the fan is not running, no picture and no camera controls seems to me like it's a power issue. Hope you can sort it out.
I cleaned the contacts when I was out, in the place I needed to make the photographs, as a side note I never take off the gimbal, since day 1 the gimbal remained attached to the quad and this was the first time I removed it, didn't noticed any debris / dust.

But the good news is , DJI live chat helped, I showed the same movie to the support guy, told him a few more things he asked, and he recommended to
1. uninstall DJI GO app
2. reboot (important)
3. Install DJI GO app
4. Turn on remote, turn on the inspire, than open dji go app

and that's it. It worked.

I don't know if anything was related to the sd card, as while I was uninstalling the DJI go app I removed the SD card, as the popup about yesterdays new firmware showed, so I wanted to copy it on the SD, when I turned on the I1 I did it without any card inside the camera, and it showed the live feed.

On the SD card I still had the 1.5.0.30 firmware files. The support guy blamed iOS.. I don't really know what was wrong, why on the phone didn't worked either? and why after uninstalling the app from the iPad and reinstalling it again it worked on both devices ?

So what should we do if this happens when we don't have 3G signal to download the app again ? :(

Hope it will never happen again!

This problem ruined my day, I waited so much for good weather, as for almost 2 weeks we didn;t seen the sky because of the fog, today the sun showed, it wasn't cold at all, there ware 12 - 13 degrees, no wind .. everything was perfect .. except x3 camera.

I cleaned the contacts when I was out, in the place I needed to make the photographs, as a side note I never take off the gimbal, since day 1 the gimbal remained attached to the quad and this was the first time I removed it, didn't noticed any debris / dust.

But the good news is , DJI live chat helped, I showed the same movie to the support guy, told him a few more things he asked, and he recommended to
1. uninstall DJI GO app
2. reboot (important)
3. Install DJI GO app
4. Turn on remote, turn on the inspire, than open dji go app

and that's it. It worked.

I don't know if anything was related to the sd card, as while I was uninstalling the DJI go app I removed the SD card, as the popup about yesterdays new firmware showed, so I wanted to copy it on the SD, when I turned on the I1 I did it without any card inside the camera, and it showed the live feed.

On the SD card I still had the 1.5.0.30 firmware files. The support guy blamed iOS.. I don't really know what was wrong, why on the phone didn't worked either? and why after uninstalling the app from the iPad and reinstalling it again it worked on both devices ?

So what should we do if this happens when we don't have 3G signal to download the app again ? :(

Hope it will never happen again!

This problem ruined my day, I waited so much for good weather, as for almost 2 weeks we didn;t seen the sky because of the fog, today the sun showed, it wasn't cold at all, there ware 12 - 13 degrees, no wind .. everything was perfect .. except x3 camera.
Excellent! Thanks for posting the info.

Reactions: tweaker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah