Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Signal loss and camera black screen

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I wonder if any of you have had issues with the camera not properly booting up at start up? A couple of times now after connecting the RC to the drone the camera view just shows a black screen, it can take 3-4 mins before it sorts itself out. The second thing which may well be connected to the first issue is that I have lost signal a few times during flight, this cut the camera feed of course as was a bit of a panic!

Any advice or views on this is most welcome.

Thanks, Jamie

Hi everyone, I wonder if any of you have had issues with the camera not properly booting up at start up? A couple of times now after connecting the RC to the drone the camera view just shows a black screen, it can take 3-4 mins before it sorts itself out. The second thing which may well be connected to the first issue is that I have lost signal a few times during flight, this cut the camera feed of course as was a bit of a panic!

Thanks, Jamie

Jamie -

Unfortunately we do see this issue every so often with both used and brand new units out of the box. There is no easy resolution that DJI has made us aware of for this issue. Typically if it's a unit within the DOA period we will swap out that aircraft with a new one, after the DOA period, assuming the aircraft is with warranty, we then recommend opening a warranty ticket to have the issue resolved under warranty, commonly with a replacement aircraft from DJI.

Sorry this is not the best information you were looking to hear but I hope this information helps.

Also...it sounds like you're powering up and then waiting for the black screen to go away. We often find that with this issue if you repower the unit (may take more than once) you should be able to get that signal (possibly faster than waiting 3-4 mins).

Mike

Probably not the cause in your case but is there a possibility of any wifi interference as both camera and wifi operate at 2.4GHz.

I sometimes get this problem if I boot up in my garden and haven't turned off my home wifi booster first.

Just a thought.

Jamie -

Unfortunately we do see this issue every so often with both used and brand new units out of the box. There is no easy resolution that DJI has made us aware of for this issue. Typically if it's a unit within the DOA period we will swap out that aircraft with a new one, after the DOA period, assuming the aircraft is with warranty, we then recommend opening a warranty ticket to have the issue resolved under warranty, commonly with a replacement aircraft from DJI.

Sorry this is not the best information you were looking to hear but I hope this information helps.

Also...it sounds like you're powering up and then waiting for the black screen to go away. We often find that with this issue if you repower the unit (may take more than once) you should be able to get that signal (possibly faster than waiting 3-4 mins).

Mike

What is the DOA policy?

Reactions: Advexure
What is the DOA policy?

Please see our DOA policy below.

On rare occasions a product shipped by Advexure arrives to a customer DOA (Dead on Arrival), meaning that the hardware product shows symptoms of a hardware failure, preventing basic operability, upon its first use out of the box. If a product has been received and shows symptoms of being DOA, the customer must submit an RMA request within 10 days following a confirmed delivery. DOA items will be repaired or exchanged at the discretion of Advexure for the same model or the manufacturer’s equivalent model. Following this period, all warranty requests must be directed to the manufacturer. Advexure will provide a prepaid return shipping label for all returns on DOA items following the acceptance of the customer’s RMA request and expedite the repair or exchange process as quickly as possible.

Reactions: SanCap
Please see our DOA policy below.

On rare occasions a product shipped by Advexure arrives to a customer DOA (Dead on Arrival), meaning that the hardware product shows symptoms of a hardware failure, preventing basic operability, upon its first use out of the box. If a product has been received and shows symptoms of being DOA, the customer must submit an RMA request within 10 days following a confirmed delivery. DOA items will be repaired or exchanged at the discretion of Advexure for the same model or the manufacturer’s equivalent model. Following this period, all warranty requests must be directed to the manufacturer. Advexure will provide a prepaid return shipping label for all returns on DOA items following the acceptance of the customer’s RMA request and expedite the repair or exchange process as quickly as possible.

I like that.

Thanks, Jamie
You do not state which camera?
If it's an X3 then yes - I have seen it many times.
Requires a new camera I'm afraid. Although DJI have never officially omitted to a problem, there have been too many of these for it not to be a hardware issue.
One of my early X3 suffered this issue and needed swapping out (although I still actually have the old faulty X3 ;))

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lily212