Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X3 Camera compared to P3Pro Camera

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
New to the Inspire world here (I-1 V2 owner) and I'm curious as to how the X3 camera (all auto settings) compares to the Phantom-3-Pro camera with the same settings.

I would like to "think" the images from the X3 will be better but I've not been able to do a side-by-side comparison as of yet. So I'm here asking the experienced members what your thoughts are when comparing these two cameras.

I'll go out and say I fully realize the P3Pro and the X3 are not Cinema grade equipment and there are much better camera options for the I-1 V2 but for the topic at hand what do you think the comparison ranks like between these two cameras?

Thanks in advance!

Allen

Reactions: Advexure
Hi Allen – First off, welcome to the "Inspire World". It's been awhile since we regularly used the Inspire 1 with X3 and Phantom 3 Professional on a regular basis but the cameras between the two are near 100% identical. It's actually possible that they are precisely the exact same camera and sensor. I don't ever recall imaging ever being that different between the two when we consistently were using output from both of these aircrafts.

This comparison is very similar in the sense of the Zenmuse X4S and Phantom 4 Pro cameras being nearly the same, if not identical cameras and sensors.

Hope you enjoy the Inspire 1, and safe flying! :cool:

Reactions: BigAl07
Hi Allen – First off, welcome to the "Inspire World". It's been awhile since we regularly used the Inspire 1 with X3 and Phantom 3 Professional on a regular basis but the cameras between the two are near 100% identical. It's actually possible that they are precisely the exact same camera and sensor. I don't ever recall imaging ever being that different between the two when we consistently were using output from both of these aircrafts.

This comparison is very similar in the sense of the Zenmuse X4S and Phantom 4 Pro cameras being nearly the same, if not identical cameras and sensors.

Hope you enjoy the Inspire 1, and safe flying! :cool:

Thank you VERY much for your input. That's what I needed to know.

Have a great day and Safe Flights :)
Allen

The real bargain for the camera underneath the airframe is the P4P. Same 21 MP camera as x4s and with a true mechanical shutter. I show customers the Inspire 1 or 2 or, if I really need wow factor, the S1000+ but, most of my jobs get done with the humble P4P...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu