Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

x3 yaw adjustment

Reaction score
I have been playing around with a couple of x3 cameras. I replace the ribbon cable and yaw arm. They work great but I can't seen to get the camera to point straight ahead. Everything else is fine. Roll and pitch are perfect. The yaw is off by a few degrees. Both to the left. I have adjusted the magnet a little at a time but can never seem to get it perfect. any ideas?

All 3 magnets have to be perfectly aligned and threaded. I had the same issue and had to keep going from one motor to the next and back again, literally 100x, until it finally got right. It wasn't until i backed one of the nuts off a full turn that it began to work perfectly.

so you are saying the pitch or the roll could affect the yaw? I have 2 that the pitch and roll settings were never touched. I replaced the yaw arm and ribbon without touching those. I assumed that i would only have to get the yaw back where it belonged. I marked it and it comes close but no cigar. I have been tweaking it just a touch at a time.

Yeah, it's pretty maddening actually. I gave up like 3x after hours of messing with it over the course of 3 days before finally getting it right.

Are you aware that it is the ring that sits on the nut that is magnetic and not the nut? Take the ring off and the nut is not magnetic. So in dismantling and reassembling you need to mark the ring (as well as the nut). Just mark the nut and the ring can move, so you can tighten to the mark but the magnetic ring will be out of alignment.

Are you aware that it is the ring that sits on the nut that is magnetic and not the nut? Take the ring off and the nut is not magnetic. So in dismantling and reassembling you need to mark the ring (as well as the nut). Just mark the nut and the ring can move, so you can tighten to the mark but the magnetic ring will be out of alignment.
Yes, I am aware. I found the answer to my problem. I had a lot of yaw encoders. I tried a couple different ones and one of them lined it up. It appears the encoders are not exactly the same.

Not aware of encoders, what are they and how do you use them? You say Yaw, are there different ones for the different gimbal motors (Roll? Pitch?).
Interested to learn. Thanks

They look the same but they are different. If you replace say the yaw ESC, you may have to adjust the nut a touch. Same with the other ones. If it has a “Y” mark on it it is for the yaw. P is for pitch and R is for the roll.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth