Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X4 for Mapping/Orthophotography

we have used the x4s while using drone deploy and now ground station pro. The results were much better than we had with the x5s. one thing to keep in mind with gs pro is that the drone flys sideways and backwards so make sure you are clear of all obstacles

Attachments

• crop elevation.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 54
we have used the x4s while using drone deploy and now ground station pro. The results were much better than we had with the x5s. one thing to keep in mind with gs pro is that the drone flys sideways and backwards so make sure you are clear of all obstacles
Hammer, there is a setting in the app to avoid the drone from flying sideways, and "force" it to fly parallel to the flight path. I'm still more of a Drone Deploy guy, I have not flown any mapping missions yet on GS Pro with my Inspire 2, but I did fly a couple with my Phantom 4 last year. I remember this option was available, I just can't point you directly where.
I need to test planning and flying missions woth GR Pro, since you would be inclined to believe DJI would have a better leverage on making the most out of it's own drones.... processing of the images is something I think Drone Deploy will do probably do better than DJI.

Hammer, there is a setting in the app to avoid the drone from flying sideways, and "force" it to fly parallel to the flight path. I'm still more of a Drone Deploy guy, I have not flown any mapping missions yet on GS Pro with my Inspire 2, but I did fly a couple with my Phantom 4 last year. I remember this option was available, I just can't point you directly where.
I need to test planning and flying missions woth GR Pro, since you would be inclined to believe DJI would have a better leverage on making the most out of it's own drones.... processing of the images is something I think Drone Deploy will do probably do better than DJI.

We use the X4S over the X5S due to the global shutter on the X4S so lest distortion due to the movement of the drone. We also use GS Pro over Drone Deploy as it is much better to import KML files for the area we are flying than DD. We process our imagery with Pix4D and/or Photoscan which although expensive is a lot better than DD

We use the X4S over the X5S due to the global shutter on the X4S so lest distortion due to the movement of the drone. We also use GS Pro over Drone Deploy as it is much better to import KML files for the area we are flying than DD. We process our imagery with Pix4D and/or Photoscan which although expensive is a lot better than DD
BTW x4s has no global shutter but mechanical leaf shutter. Effect is the same but technically it is very different. I thought I point that out to avoid potential confusion of some readers...Hope you do not mind

Last edited:
Reactions: axelz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry