Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X4S DNG Write speeds

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Anyone else getting EXTREMELY SLOW write speeds when shooting DNG image files on the X4S??? I'm using a Sandisk Ultra 64G Micro SD card; it's a good one, so it shouldn't be a card issue.

I'm doing architectural shots, no burst shooting whatsoever, but I'll press the shutter button and the camera will take up to 5 seconds to clear and be available to take a shot again.

I think this started after the last firmware upgrade to the drone... or maybe the DJI Go app. I don't think it was this slow when I made the first trials with the drone about a month and a half ago. But to be honest, I'm not sure if I shot DNG at the time though, and I have only been shooting JPGs for mapping purposes the last month, so I really can't say for sure if the camera was faster before.... I only know it's really not very satisfactory to have a 5K + Drone take longer to shoot DNG files than a Phantom 4.

Any comments other than "Don't be cheap, invest in an Cinessd card to shoot those DNGs" are welcome. Maybe we can share the sorrow.

Safe Flights!

It does seem slower. Hard to confirm without the previous FW but yeah it does seem slower now that you mention it!

SanDisk Extreme Plus
128 gb
Speed class 3

I´m thinking that the 5 secs I mentioned might be an understatement. It could even be closer to 10 secs...

A real pain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters