Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X4S Firmware - I2 vs M200

Reaction score
I have been using an X4S with both an I2 and M200 and have been swapping between the 2 without an issue, until recently that is. After a recent firmware update of the I2 the camera worked fine with this UAV but I'm getting lots of issues with the M200. I tried updating both today and after updating the M200 the camera firmware was v1.07.16.44. After updating the I2 it switched to 1.08.22.02. Does anyone know if the firmware needs to be different for the two??

I had been using my X5S on an I2 for a year and a half with no issues. I tried using it on a newly-purchased M210 RTK and it worked fine - for a minute. Then the gimbal went crazy until it finally locked up. When I put it back on the I2 it went crazy and finally locked up. I had to refresh the firmware for each aircraft - and it's different firmware - to correct the problem. The firmware is definitely different for the two, and it appears that you have to make sure the camera is mounted to the aircraft you are going to fly when the firmware is updated or refreshed for that particular aircraft or the components won't play nice with each other..

I had been using my X5S on an I2 for a year and a half with no issues. I tried using it on a newly-purchased M210 RTK and it worked fine - for a minute. Then the gimbal went crazy until it finally locked up. When I put it back on the I2 it went crazy and finally locked up. I had to refresh the firmware for each aircraft - and it's different firmware - to correct the problem. The firmware is definitely different for the two, and it appears that you have to make sure the camera is mounted to the aircraft you are going to fly when the firmware is updated or refreshed for that particular aircraft or the components won't play nice with each other..
At this moment of our life with DJI there's a big firmware mess, also in terms of camera/gimbal compatibility between these two platforms. They're NOT compatible, to put it simply. In order to avoid constant gimbal and camera firmware mismatch one should owe separate X5S units for each drone. Or - alternatively - ignore stubborn Firmware Inconsistency warnings every time after camera swapping and see if it works.

At this moment of our life with DJI there's a big firmware mess, also in terms of camera/gimbal compatibility between these two platforms. They're NOT compatible, to put it simply. In order to avoid constant gimbal and camera firmware mismatch one should owe separate X5S units for each drone. Or - alternatively - ignore stubborn Firmware Inconsistency warnings every time after camera swapping and see if it works.

Once I got my firmware issue sorted out I decided I needed to just get different cameras unique to the Matrice. That way I’m not constantly refreshing firmware on the different systems.

Actually, I have my eye on the XT2, so I can just run a single gimbal. I assume the XT2 is heavy but I doubt that it’s as heavy, or as problematic, as two cameras mounted up front. Still musing it all.

Once I got my firmware issue sorted out I decided I needed to just get different cameras unique to the Matrice. That way I’m not constantly refreshing firmware on the different systems.

Actually, I have my eye on the XT2, so I can just run a single gimbal. I assume the XT2 is heavy but I doubt that it’s as heavy, or as problematic, as two cameras mounted up front. Still musing it all.

Anyone know how xt2 works with go4? Or is the pilot app required? We ordered m210 with xt2 a couple weeks ago....but it has not arrived yet.

Anyone know how xt2 works with go4? Or is the pilot app required? We ordered m210 with xt2 a couple weeks ago....but it has not arrived yet.

That's a very good question. My Pilot app doesn't run at all on my CrystalSky.

That's a very good question. My Pilot app doesn't run at all on my CrystalSky.
That's weird, do some research how to get access to DJI Pilot app on your CS. It's there for sure, but by default you see only Go and Go4 icons on a welcome screen. Update to a latest official version of Pilot (not beta) and you should be good to go with XT2.

I’ll take some photos tomorrow. If it is like the crystal sky we just purchased pilot app is already installed, just hiding.

You can go into settings and select the apps that get displayed on the launch screen. Pilot is one of the choices.

I went through the process of changing from Go app to Pilot app on the start-up screen and the program opens, but after a few seconds I get that "Unfortunately, DJI PilotBeta has stopped." message.

I went through the process of changing from Go app to Pilot app on the start-up screen and the program opens, but after a few seconds I get that "Unfortunately, DJI PilotBeta has stopped." message.
Upgrade DJI Pilot app to official recent version, not beta.

Reactions: slim.slamma
It took me a while to figure out how to do that on this CrystslSky but I finally did. Android is very weird to me and my computers are Macs. Thank you.

It took me a while to figure out how to do that on this CrystslSky but I finally did. Android is very weird to me and my computers are Macs. Thank you.
... or maybe it’s the CrystalSky that’s so weird.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84