Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 adapter for osmo

Reaction score
Talked to a DJI employee a d they told me the adapter for the x5 on yhe osmo will be ready in a week or two. crossing my fingers.

Reactions: Michael Asgian
The adaptor has been ready for months... its the FW thats the hold up...

I suspect you're right -- the adapter is no doubt a pretty straight forward thing to design and manufacture, but getting the software right is likely the road block. I would have thought, however, that much of the existing code for camera control being used in the Inspire 1 Pro would be usable but there is surely some difference for handheld operation and perhaps new/different features.

Still, one can only hope the software will be available soon.

Brian

Maybe you guys are right about the FW but still dji processing and shipping is slow. Waited 4 weeks before getting my 2 extra batteries for my Osmo... Hopefuly it wont be the same with the adapter.

I think the real hold up isn't the adapter but is instead the software/firmware. Although they should be able to use a goodly portion of the code they've had for the X5 camera there is almost certainly new code needed and that takes time to get it right. If it were only the adapter I'm confident they could have had that out nearly concurrent with the release of the Osmo.

Brian

And adapter by itself, be it the official one from DJI or a third party 3D printed one is still missing the software/firmware changes the X5 needs and the app needs to fully take advantage of the X5 camera. So, you can use the readily available 3D printed adapters but you are still limited by the code.

Brian

They're saying it'll be out in a few days on the official DJI forums. Suspect it'll be unveiled at NAB

NAB?

By the way, I just received this back from the DJI Online Store whom I asked for an update:

Dear customer,
Thank you for contacting DJI Online Store.
Sorry for the waiting and the inconvenience caused.
Actually we always sent the request to our developer to ask for the definitive date because so many customers feel impatient regarding this issue.
I am so sorry that we cant proffer you the accuracy date this time, if we got the news, i will come back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards
DJI Online Store

NAB?

By the way, I just received this back from the DJI Online Store whom I asked for an update:

Dear customer,
Thank you for contacting DJI Online Store.
Sorry for the waiting and the inconvenience caused.
Actually we always sent the request to our developer to ask for the definitive date because so many customers feel impatient regarding this issue.
I am so sorry that we cant proffer you the accuracy date this time, if we got the news, i will come back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards
DJI Online Store

NAB Show

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk