Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 owners found this on YouTube!! Osmo X5 Adapter 3D Printed

So i should wait for my 3D version instead of shaving my stock plate?

I would get the 3D printed one and leave the stock one alone in a safe place. Because the official adapter (when released eventually!) will probably cost like $70 or so, and you'll need an intact Osmo ring to mount it, I presume. I unscrewed mine and kept it somewhere and just use the black 3D printed one for now. Plus, you don't want to have the extra expense of having to buy another ring for the Osmo later down the line.

Reactions: Predator
Got mine today and my X5 gotta love fedex :D
Nice, I am getting the adaptor 3D printed today locally. I don't have super high hopes that it will work as well as the real thing, but the real thing doesn't exist and I'm willing to invest the 10 bucks as it is a potential solution.

Nice, I am getting the adaptor 3D printed today locally. I don't have super high hopes that it will work as well as the real thing, but the real thing doesn't exist and I'm willing to invest the 10 bucks as it is a potential solution.
Get one Its 10$ mine is working fine.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 35
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
Sweet, should be ready for pick up tomorrow. Side note, 3Dhubs.com is f'in awesome. I had no idea such a resource existed.

To anyone whos removed the joystick in order for the adaptor to actually work...How did you remove it ? Can you remove it without damaging it? and are you able to put it back on to use it later?

My joystick was just a pressure fitting. No glue or lock. I just pulled up on it and it came off. I then cut off the top edge so I could still use it with the X5, but I'm guessing that isn't in your plans.

Regarding the joystick: I 3D printed two new parts, one the adaptor obviously, and the other a replacement cap for the little cover on the X5 that hits the joystick. Now, there is absolutely no pressure at all on the joystick, I just can't move the joystick up all the way quickly, but that is not a huge issue.
image1 3.JPG

Reactions: Jaemii Fimbres
Sorry, I have used the X5 on latest firmware of both OSMO and X5 camera. The X5 is still not optimized to work with the OSMO but it does work, and functionality is a little better now with 1080p60 setting working like it's supposed to now.

I have completed my update . While doing the update I had Olympus 12 on X5.. Once the firmware update was finished I placed my x5 on my osmo.. Eveything worked , changed my iso, color mode, aperature, focus.... etc etc etc. Then placed my lens with Olympus 45 and tried to change my iso, when I clicked the the adjustment menu, DJI GO crashes (tried it with both olypus 12 , 45 and dji 15).. Any ideas ?

I have completed my update . While doing the update I had Olympus 12 on X5.. Once the firmware update was finished I placed my x5 on my osmo.. Eveything worked , changed my iso, color mode, aperature, focus.... etc etc etc. Then placed my lens with Olympus 45 and tried to change my iso, when I clicked the the adjustment menu, DJI GO crashes (tried it with both olypus 12 , 45 and dji 15).. Any ideas ?

I rolled back to the previous version with DJI 15, and again updated to the latest version. And while Osmo was on I swopped the lenses and clicked on manual focus (skipped calibration). Now all the lenses are usable.

PS: The problem is caused by Shutter Priority Mode.. Do not use that mode !!!!!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD