Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 problem

Reaction score

Check these 2 vids.
Had no problems earlier. 2 days ago I was flying without any problems. Yesterday problem occured. Could it be ribbon cable issue? :/ Any ideas? Thx

I've seen this happen as the result of trying to roll back the Inspire's firmware via the X5 camera. But it doesn't sound like this applies to you.

In the past I have taken high-resolution photos of the pin connections so that they could be scrutinized. Those things are so small you'd be surprised what the naked eye misses.

D

But as You can see it is "working" untill arm moves several degrees and then it is becoming like disconnected.

The pins look good. I would clean them with alcohol anyway because it seems strange that the camera was working fine one day and then not 2 days later. This could only be contributed to trauma, like a hard landing or a lot of undue vibration (which you would've told us in the OP), or dirty contacts. Other than that, did ANYTHING change from working state to non-working state???

D

Nothing. Everything was fine. Finished flying as always. Next day charged batteries, went flying and faced this issue :/ anyway I have ordered new ribbon cable from aliexpress :/

The pins look good. I would clean them with alcohol anyway because it seems strange that the camera was working fine one day and then not 2 days later. This could only be contributed to trauma, like a hard landing or a lot of undue vibration (which you would've told us in the OP), or dirty contacts. Other than that, did ANYTHING change from working state to non-working state???

D
Oh, By mistake i put my inspire on pancake lens which i left in case and then locked it like that. This could cause some pressure from bottom on absorbing plate. I checked and reconnected both 8 and 10 pin cables. Lens were placed like in the photo.

Attachments

• PXL_20220406_194017412.jpg
    PXL_20220406_194017412.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: Donnie Frank
Just checked problem using multimeter and heres results:
Upper lever pins @ mount: 9th from left
Lower level: 7th and 9th from left

Those arent "bepping" connected with any single cable at the end of flex cable. All 3 damaged or it should beh like that?
Rest 17 are giving signal.

Attachments

• PXL_20220407_194644512.jpg
    PXL_20220407_194644512.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20220407_185718458.jpg
    PXL_20220407_185718458.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
What is "bepping?" I see it in quotation marks like maybe it's a slang word? I looked it up to no avail.

D

Beeping as multimeter "shows" proper connection ;) looks like 3 of 20 pins have no connections with endings of flex cable.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Yup. Still these 3 that seems damaged could be used maybe with x5R? Or even x3? Who knows... When i get another flex I will do the same test and will compare both

If we had a schematic we would know what the pins should read and more specifically, which ones should have continuity.

D
Hmm... there are 2 cables near gimbal mount (drone side) - 10-pin and 8-pin cables. So there should be working 18 out of total 20 pins

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP