Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5R Footage Page

I agree with Richard. Yesterday I made a test even with +2,+1,0 and results looks more sharper. In my opinion, it is always better to get footage as good as possible from the camera with less editing. Like we all know, sharpening in post is always not so good idea. I am running latest firmware by the way.

I agree with Richard. Yesterday I made a test even with +2,+1,0 and results looks more sharper. In my opinion, it is always better to get footage as good as possible from the camera with less editing. Like we all know, sharpening in post is always not so good idea. I am running latest firmware by the way.

After lot of test flights I have noticed that +2 at sharpness is way too much. It brings lots of noise to the video. I am gonna stay at None, +1,+1, 0 setup from now on.

I bought my Inspire a week ago as I wanted a higher resolution camera than my Phantom 4 had, but I have to say the video and stills from my P4 are sharper and better than the X5R. I'm pulling the footage into Final Cut Pro X, any advice? All firmware upgrades have been done

Are you focusing the camera prior to the shots, and what settings are you using for the camera? The x5 images I take are much higher quality than what I get from my p4.

Are you focusing the camera prior to the shots, and what settings are you using for the camera? The x5 images I take are much higher quality than what I get from my p4.

I took both out this morning again to film a lighthouse, the footage from the P4 is crisp and amazing, the footage from the Inspire was, well uninspiring. I'm busy installing Premiere to see if that will make any difference to the clarity. The settings for X5 are :

3840x2160 30fps
Mov format
NTSC
AWB
Style None
Colour None
Lens 15mm 1.7
Auto focus

Just thinking, is the footage the same on SD card as the SSD, as I have only been pulling the image off the card, they are both set at the same resolution so I can't see that would make any difference?

Finally got an edit up -

make sure to watch it in 4k even if youre screens res is lower, there is still a decent quality bump.

There is some nice shots in there Joe.
My favorite is the reveal of the sun through the silhouetted trees.
I have a question. The shot starting at about 32 seconds in is very strobey. Do you remember if your were shooting in UHD or full 4 K? and what kind of settings did you have.
I have some shots like that which with further inspection of the DNG sequences show missing frames. I am trying to figure out what the problem is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela