Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5S Camera Drifting

Reaction score
Very disappointed with the footage I acquired today using my I2 and X5S with 45mm lens. The camera is constantly drifting left or right and it makes it impossible to get a nice smooth shot. Also, maybe it's because of the camera drift but I cannot get the drone to fly a nice straight line for footage. I push straight ahead on the left stick but it seems like I'm flying to the left.

I have tried calibrating the control sticks. I just recently updated all firmware after the drone was stored for a couple of months given harsh winter conditions.

I did a search but maybe my terminology was wrong and I didn't really find anything. What can be done to stop the camera drift? I guess trying the usual gimbal calibration? I just did an IMU calibration after firmware update. The non-straight flying is also driving me crazy.

Reactions: vertrider1
I used a Sensei adapter ring with a PolarPro filter. I'm no expert but the balance seems quite good.

Very disappointed with the footage I acquired today using my I2 and X5S with 45mm lens. The camera is constantly drifting left or right and it makes it impossible to get a nice smooth shot. Also, maybe it's because of the camera drift but I cannot get the drone to fly a nice straight line for footage. I push straight ahead on the left stick but it seems like I'm flying to the left.

I have tried calibrating the control sticks. I just recently updated all firmware after the drone was stored for a couple of months given harsh winter conditions.

I did a search but maybe my terminology was wrong and I didn't really find anything. What can be done to stop the camera drift? I guess trying the usual gimbal calibration? I just did an IMU calibration after firmware update. The non-straight flying is also driving me crazy.
Inspire 2 strafing while flying nose forward?

apparently it will be the lens balance - part 1 and 2 of this video discusses -

This is something old that everybody expect a fix in a next FW upgrade, please chase DJI to have o solution i already did that. I hope thst all inspire2 owners do the same to force DJI to resolve the problem....

I’ve had similar gimbal drift issues and contacted DJI. Herewith reply:

You can try to refresh the firmware and redo the calibration once done, but you have to calibrate all the sensor chronologically starting from IMU, Gimbal and lastly compass. Let see if this would address your concern.

This worked.
Then after a firmware upgrade it occurred again.
So I used the same method, and it worked.
I would suggest doing this after each firmware upgrade.

As for the aircraft drift.......

Last edited:
Reactions: vertrider1

You can try to refresh the firmware and redo the calibration once done, but you have to calibrate all the sensor chronologically starting from IMU, Gimbal and lastly compass. Let see if this would address your concern.

This worked.

Thanks, I'll give this a try. Had it out doing some filming at a festival today and it had me wishing I had brought my Phantom 4 as the drifting camera makes most shots look so poor.

Thanks, I'll give this a try. Had it out doing some filming at a festival today and it had me wishing I had brought my Phantom 4 as the drifting camera makes most shots look so poor.
i feel your pain , i have just started correcting inflight , that or use the spot light tracking option

This worked.

Hi,

Is not so simple as that, this is what DJI says to every body, but if you fly with a olympus 45mm you will see the drifting. This is a bug not fix yet by DJI

Regards

Reactions: slim.slamma
Guys, are you experiencing this issue with a dual control set up? We fly Pilot and Camera man independently (master and slave). We have not noticed this? Any input always appreciated, great forum.

FlyBoy Productions

Hi,

Is not so simple as that, this is what DJI says to every body, but if you fly with a olympus 45mm you will see the drifting. This is a bug not fix yet by DJI

Regards
Finally got a chance to test the 45mm again. It's rock solid. It behaves exactly as my DJI 15mm. Therefore it's not a universal problem with firmware or hardware.

Finally got a chance to test the 45mm again. It's rock solid. It behaves exactly as my DJI 15mm. Therefore it's not a universal problem with firmware or hardware.
So what did you do to fix yours? I am using for pictures on inspection and the drift using the Olympus 45mm makes it just a mess to work with. I thought the drifting was just with video but today was the first time that I tried to do roof inspections with the 45mm so I can fly higher than with my P4. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Guys, are you experiencing this issue with a dual control set up? We fly Pilot and Camera man independently (master and slave). We have not noticed this? Any input always appreciated, great forum.

FlyBoy Productions
I fly single and it is a problem for me.

I feel your pain. Obviously this doesn't help everyone but I just did exactly as DJI suggested:

"You can try to refresh the firmware and redo the calibration once done, but you have to calibrate all the sensor chronologically starting from IMU, Gimbal and lastly compass. Let see if this would address your concern."

Reactions: Phil DeVore

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips