Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

ProRes 422 D-Cinelike Problem (Lut baked into footage)

Reaction score
Hey Y'all,

I recently flew with my Inspire 2 X5S and recorded in PreRes 422 D-Cinelike. When I watched the footage after the shoot I found that all my footage looked like a LUT had been baked onto the footage. I went home and did more tests and had the same outcome when shooting D-Cinelike. This has never happened to me before. Is there a setting I'm missing or a new update that has changed the color science of D-Cinelike?

Attachments

• tempImageupKTax.png
    tempImageupKTax.png
    919.5 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score
Hey Y'all,

I recently flew with my Inspire 2 X5S and recorded in PreRes 422 D-Cinelike. When I watched the footage after the shoot I found that all my footage looked like a LUT had been baked onto the footage. I went home and did more tests and had the same outcome when shooting D-Cinelike. This has never happened to me before. Is there a setting I'm missing or a new update that has changed the color science of D-Cinelike?
Are you confusing D-Log with D-Cinelike? D-Cinelike is a Rec 709 profile so you wouldn’t typically use a lut with it

Reaction score
Right, that is why I'm confused. It looks like the D-Cinelike footage I captured has an abnormal problem. Like a lut was added to it somehow while it was being recorded. Does that make sense?

Reaction score
Right, that is why I'm confused. It looks like the D-Cinelike footage I captured has an abnormal problem. Like a lut was added to it somehow while it was being recorded. Does that make sense?
Ok I think I understand what you are saying now. The colors don’t look right to you. I thought you were saying you expected a log profile but are getting a rec 709 profile.

Upload some more examples. It looks like you might just need to shift towards magenta from that one example and is a tad overexposed. Are you setting a custom kelvin white balance or are are you using a preset white balance such as “daylight”? Also, is this the original color or have you boosted shadows? Your shadows look boosted, or it’s just over exposed, and I find that tennis ball yellow can come from boosting the shadows on new growth vegetation.

Reaction score
Ok I think I understand what you are saying now. The colors don’t look right to you. I thought you were saying you expected a log profile but are getting a rec 709 profile.

Upload some more examples. It looks like you might just need to shift towards magenta from that one example and is a tad overexposed. Are you setting a custom kelvin white balance or are are you using a preset white balance such as “daylight”? Also, is this the original color or have you boosted shadows? Your shadows look boosted, or it’s just over exposed, and I find that tennis ball yellow can come from boosting the shadows on new growth vegetation.
I was expecting something more flat, like this example below. Also shot in Cinelike. Maybe the time of day caused the image to be more saturated?

Attachments

• Cinelike.jpg
    Cinelike.jpg
    860.3 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
I was expecting something more flat, like this example below. Also shot in Cinelike. Maybe the time of day caused the image to be more saturated?
I see what you mean, that looks super nice. Maybe check your saturation and contrast settings in camera if you haven’t used it in awhile. It would be a shame if they changed it from that to what it is now but what you first shared is more my recollection of what D-cinelike looks like.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiannTaich