Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5S Camera Drifting

Finally got a chance to test the 45mm again. It's rock solid. It behaves exactly as my DJI 15mm. Therefore it's not a universal problem with firmware or hardware.
So it wasn´t a problem why this new firmware resolve this unproblem issue... you resolve the problem before dji and without any FW upgrade, congratulations! cheers

Perhaps you don’t understand. I said it’s not a problem for me. Therefore it’s not universal, but rather an intermittent, or occasional / random problem.

Hate to resurrect a two month old thread, but was there ever a fix figured out? I've not flown in a week, but my bird is just sitting on my table with the 45mm lens and I can see the gimbal drifting to the right both physically and looking at the video feed on the iPad. It's not just an in-flight issue. I've not done a compass cal lately but the IMU and the gimbal both have been calibrated in the past day or two.

At the risk of repeating myself...
This problem is not universal. Mine (for one) works perfectly well, as do I suspect, many thousands of others.
Therefore, logic would suggest that it is not a firmware or software problem, but either damage, or a manufacturing problem - bad batch?
So I would open a case with DJI, and if following their instructions exactly is unsuccessful, book the aircraft in for repair.

Reactions: marctronixx
Mine when landing or RTH camera turns to a 45 degree or 180 and when I land it does a 180 did all the recommendations, sent it to DJI now they are saying it’s a firmware update, I’m at a loss, have to hit C1 button to get camera back recentered any other suggestions??

Welcome to beta testing DJI's firmware. I can't figure out that a company this size with, 10'000 employees can't spend 20 minutes to test their own work. Brutal....
Mine when landing or RTH camera turns to a 45 degree or 180 and when I land it does a 180 did all the recommendations, sent it to DJI now they are saying it’s a firmware update, I’m at a loss, have to hit C1 button to get camera back recentered any other suggestions??

Reactions: DaBone and armytech
Is that a problem?

I’ve just come off a twenty day shoot for a new Australian TV mini-series (called Bloom). Half of the shots were with the 45, in all sorts of situations, from furious stunt car chases to slow drifts over water and lazy actor-following tracks. No camera drift.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
I’ve just come off a twenty day shoot for a new Australian TV mini-series (called Bloom). Half of the shots were with the 45, in all sorts of situations, from furious stunt car chases to slow drifts over water and lazy actor-following tracks. No camera drift.

Yeah I don’t understand why everyone is saying that they are having camera drift with the 45mm lens either. I have been using it without any problems whatsoever.

Yeah I don’t understand why everyone is saying that they are having camera drift with the 45mm lens either. I have been using it without any problems whatsoever.
Not everyone, apparently. Just some users are experiencing this behaviour. Unfortunately Inspires are coming out with strong personal issues due to not too rigorous QC. It's the luck of a draw what you gonna get. The same apply to every firmware upgrade. That's the reality of dealing with DJI ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop