Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5S with Panasonic LUMIX G VARIO 1:4.0-5.6/35-100mm MEGA O.I.S. lens

Reaction score
Hi!

Did anybody have experience with X5S and Panasonic LUMIX G VARIO 1:4.0-5.6/35-100mm MEGA O.I.S. lens? I am looking for lenses with some more focal length than Olympus 45mm f/1.8 and this one seems to be reasonable, but...
... I wanted to ask about few things:
- is this lens weight not too much for this camera? I am afraid of making too much stress to gimbal motors
- this lens has built in stabilization, but is it working by default when connecting to X5S? If not, is there any workaround?
- is balancing tricky or all I have to do is to attach additional counterweight to the back of the camera?

I would appreciate any advice or experience shared :)

Best regards
Lukasz

Last edited:
Hi!

Did anybody have experience with X5S and Panasonic LUMIX G VARIO 1:4.0-5.6/35-100mm MEGA O.I.S. lens? I am looking for lenses with some more focal length than Olympus 45mm f/1.8 and this one seems to be reasonable, but...
... I wanted to ask about few things:
- is this lens weight not too much for this camera? I am afraid of making too much stress to gimbal motors
- this lens has built in stabilization, but is it working by default when connecting to X5S? If not, is there any workaround?
- is balancing tricky or all I have to do is to attach additional counterweight to the back of the camera?

I would appreciate any advice or experience shared :)

Best regards
Lukasz
Dear, I installed this model Panasonic LUMIX GX VARIO PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH zoom lens. POWER OIS in black color and it is great for zooming in without losing too much field and if indeed it is a heavier lens, which the motors of the gimball loader are not capable of supporting to achieve its stability, the solution was to make a weight that is It is installed on the back of the camera, I made it with tin bars (for Gasfiter works) and looked for the balance point for both the X and Y axis and thus avoid putting additional weight on the TILT motor. First I was testing with layers of tin bar that I flattened and temporarily glued them with double-sided tape, once I achieved stabilization of the camera in both axes with the lens installed on the camera, I proceeded to melt the set of sheets of tin and I made a mold similar to the rear cover of the camera, with the same shape to be able to adhere it to it, for this I used screws that are placed from the inside of the cover of the camera towards the tin counterweight, previously I bought a compatible counterweight cover for the X5S, and it turned out very well, it allows me very smooth movements without the gimball motors overheating, yes, the flight time is less due to the weight it must support, due to the lens and the counterweight in the camera. Greetings.

Reactions: dziki76
Dear, I installed this model Panasonic LUMIX GX VARIO PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH zoom lens. POWER OIS in black color and it is great for zooming in without losing too much field and if indeed it is a heavier lens, which the motors of the gimball loader are not capable of supporting to achieve its stability, the solution was to make a weight that is It is installed on the back of the camera, I made it with tin bars (for Gasfiter works) and looked for the balance point for both the X and Y axis and thus avoid putting additional weight on the TILT motor. First I was testing with layers of tin bar that I flattened and temporarily glued them with double-sided tape, once I achieved stabilization of the camera in both axes with the lens installed on the camera, I proceeded to melt the set of sheets of tin and I made a mold similar to the rear cover of the camera, with the same shape to be able to adhere it to it, for this I used screws that are placed from the inside of the cover of the camera towards the tin counterweight, previously I bought a compatible counterweight cover for the X5S, and it turned out very well, it allows me very smooth movements without the gimball motors overheating, yes, the flight time is less due to the weight it must support, due to the lens and the counterweight in the camera. Greetings.
Can you please confirm that the zoom function works with this lens on the X5S? And does auto focus work? Thanks.

Can you please confirm that the zoom function works with this lens on the X5S? And does auto focus work? Thanks.
Dear, the lens works 100%, the autofocus and the Zoom are great, they work perfectly. Greetings.!

Attachments

• IMG_1917.jpeg
    IMG_1917.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk