Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Xoar Props

I'd like to see if the QD Mounts are available separately.... it would allow experimenting with any set of 13x4 to 13x6 props.

With the QD Mounts, eliminates the need to be foldable for transporting or modifying the case.

*** By the way, it threw me at first... that case above is 4 Props, CW & CCW are stacked.

Purchased from Amazon, and the set I purchased came in an unbelievable stout high quality presentation box... and included their new Quick Disconnects, which are machined aluminum spin-off... claim self tightening in thread pitch. The set with the quick disconnects indicate they work with X5 and X5R... the mounts raise the props a few mm. I have the I1 X5R and they clear about the same as the 1345 OEM props.

Currently showing "out of stock":
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015HQAC40/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As an experiment, I purchased the T-Motor, Ultimaxx and the XOAR carbon props.
I'll take a few Db comparisons and mount up a multi-sensor array to measure acceleration, forward vector acceleration, axis rotation (yaw / pitch) and various other variables in comparison to the DJI Props when the weather gets above 40F.

As others above indicate, informal perceptions of ears & eyes... they're either lower in Db or a lower frequency, because they do "sound" quieter... Db tests will verify. It's indicated in reviews the stiff carbon improves response & handling... they do "feel" to respond initially quicker, not sure about after the initial movement. I tried them on a day with 25-40mph winds, took off with side wind.... the Inspire did drift sideways, but was responsive in the cross wind. In playful flying... coming down fast with a quick flair up to hover definitely brakes faster and visually looks like it flairs upward higher for the estimated same amount of stick command.

Everything from the quality presentation box, machined quick disconnects, and the carbon finish; it is a very nice looking product. If it doesn't improve the performance, it sure looks nice! LOL!

Have not tested video, but to my understanding all carbon props had an issue with the Inspire & associated vibrations unless there was a motor mount plate or something between the motor and the prop. The Quick Disconnect hubs provide that separation.

View attachment 19215 View attachment 19216 View attachment 19217
Nice write up. I think I might have 2 try them. I do like the quick disconnects.

Added a few pics to help with visuals:
1) The question of props clearing X5 rubber mount.
2) Profile of Blade compared to 1345T and 1360T (high altitude)

On the question of rubber mount clearance, it's clear the new Quick Disconnects provides increased height, providing clearance to rubber mounts. Rough "eyeballing"... about 2mm more than DJI blades.

Blade Profile: hard to capture in 1 photo; the profile of blade's angle of lift (AOL) almost identical to 1345T AOL. The 1360T has a more aggressive AOL, additional surface area and pronounced arc throughout the width.

Several Pilot's that have used Xoar indicated quieter than 1345T. Looking at the blade's leading edge being slightly trailing and the blade's tip curved may contribute to the blade's air turbulence being less.

The quick detach hubs appear to be CNC Aluminmum with close torrance and feel to almost lock with minimal effort.

The one complaint, the included allen wrench is sub-par... not suitable to tighten the bolts without possible damage to allen socket.

As previously indicated... the audio, lift, acceleration, agility of cyclic changes have not even been "informally' tested with measuring sensors. I'll perform a few tests of each prop when Spring arrives presenting a nice Sunny warm day.

xoar prop1.jpg

xoar prop2.jpg
xoar prop3.jpg
xoar prop4.jpg

The 3 Blades: Left to Right - 1360T High Altitude, 1345T Stock, Xoar Carbon
xoar prop5.jpg

Just put an order in. How are the quick disconnects as far as the props coming loose when you are flying

Just put an order in. How are the quick disconnects as far as the props coming loose when you are flying
The screws holding the parts: QD and Hub parts; or the QD itself unscrewing? All the screws come with blue lock tight on the threads, I add a drop for my own measure. The QD coming loose from it's hub I haven't experienced yet... actually I think they get a tad tighter. Or... being absent minded I may attempt turn wrong way... either way, it's a forceful turn to get loose. The motors would have to reverse quickly to get them to loosen. But to be totally up front, my testing has been 2 TB48's.. I've taken it up, flown around and brought her down for inspection... back up and more aggressive in turns & stops, down for inspection, back up and full on in stops, change direction, climbs & decents... and down for inspection. Battery change, take props off and reinstall and repeat. In that limited scope they have remained tight, no rattles. Video appears clean but that hasn't been my focus yet (excuse the pun).

I'm a little on the apprehensive side, leery about a hefty investment dropping from the sky, want to have a trust in them and get a feel for their behavior before I rely & use them... even then, observe the wear of hubs while using. If I felt a little looseness in the QD, I'd try either plumbers tape or a drop of blue... and if it continued, I'd be done using them. I like them, and overall they attach like the old screw on props did in the early version, which didn't seem to have issues.

Hope you enjoy them... they do look beautiful, but beauty doesn't make'em fly! :rolleyes:

one small tip mounting...
all the parts have 4 holes, 2 shorter & 2 longer in diameter. Need to use the longer/wider pairs. Use the center hole to determine the wider pair.

Thanks for your help. I’m using the CF Foldable props right now. I do like them they are extremely nice. But I am going with a Different carrying case. And I really don’t want to cut it up to accommodate the folding props.

Should work without any problems but why would you want the extra rotational mass?
For the experiment of testing. Provides an extra bit of compacting if found a need to utilize.
Granted, it's kind of a double redundancy... just spin off the fixed props.

Should work without any problems but why would you want the extra rotational mass?
following that thought above... another tangent is survival if in poor conditions. Tree limbs, FTP under a bridge, etc and experience a mild prop strike. The fixed OEM basically shatter and bird comes down. Question... unverified on Inspire, small prop strike with a foldable. Would it flex / pivot reducing the impact & preventing a total break and able to bring Bird down gracefully to repair? On other models, the pivot was enough to prevent a full break & drop.

254A7978-9683-4272-AB67-5C3FFC8CC6D2.png My props came in. They are nice. First thing I noticed they are quieter.

Sweet! Ya, aren't they super... the finish & the carbon. The quality of the components is extremely nice: props & the quick disconnects, the small jar of screws. All top Class!
Looks Great! Hope you enjoy flying with them!

You had asked about the quick disconnects. I had a discussion with a Xoar Engineer... I purchased their new Ultra Light to test and in discussion I inquired a little more on the quick disconnects. He indicated the same quick disconnects are used on custom platforms up to 18" props with no issues. But he also stated that using a small piece of plumbers tape or small drop of blue loctite wouldn't hurt any either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo