Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

XT & Orthomosaic

Reaction score
Good morning,

Hope everyone is having a peacefully and drama free Monday.

Just started flying thermal jobs with my new to me Inspire 1 v1 and XT. Been using the DJI Go app since everything I've had to do can be captured in one image, however, now I have a need to capture thermal images of a large commercial building. I would like to run a mission where I would capture individual images of the entire structure and stitch them together in Agisoft. I have done this many times for construction progression jobs but never for thermal. What would be the best app to use? I tried DroneDeploy but keep getting a controller issue error whenever I attempt to start the mission. I don't need the radiometric data since it is a roof inspection and they don't require temperature differentials, just looking for anomalies.

Have another question that might sound dumb but please bear with me. I know the XT captures the images and stores them on the SD card. So my question is - does the flight app have to be compatible with RJPG or does that not matter since it's the camera controlling the type of shots (RJPG or JPG)? Thinking I can select the output type in the DJI Go app and hope the 3rd party flight app does not override the output image type.

Good morning,

Hope everyone is having a peacefully and drama free Monday.

Just started flying thermal jobs with my new to me Inspire 1 v1 and XT. Been using the DJI Go app since everything I've had to do can be captured in one image, however, now I have a need to capture thermal images of a large commercial building. I would like to run a mission where I would capture individual images of the entire structure and stitch them together in Agisoft. I have done this many times for construction progression jobs but never for thermal. What would be the best app to use? I tried DroneDeploy but keep getting a controller issue error whenever I attempt to start the mission. I don't need the radiometric data since it is a roof inspection and they don't require temperature differentials, just looking for anomalies.

Have another question that might sound dumb but please bear with me. I know the XT captures the images and stores them on the SD card. So my question is - does the flight app have to be compatible with RJPG or does that not matter since it's the camera controlling the type of shots (RJPG or JPG)? Thinking I can select the output type in the DJI Go app and hope the 3rd party flight app does not override the output image type.
Good question I’ve been wondering the same thing. Have you tried Pix4d capture? Or Litchi? I don’t have my XT yet but will soon and would like to produce Orthomosaics if possible.

Good question I’ve been wondering the same thing. Have you tried Pix4d capture? Or Litchi? I don’t have my XT yet but will soon and would like to produce Orthomosaics if possible.
Litchi doesn't work with the XT. I looked into that as a first option. I haven't tried Pix4dCapture yet but I'm planning on looking in to it.

Reactions: Splocal
Litchi doesn't work with the XT. I looked into that as a first option. I haven't tried Pix4dCapture yet but I'm planning on looking in to it.
Let me know how that goes, I just picked up a Matrice 210 with a FLIR XT2. I am still waiting for it to arrive but am planning to try Orthomosaic with the images as well. Hopefully we can find a solution.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44