Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

z3 Gimbal reassembly/calibration/repair

Reaction score
I had an SD card slot decide to stop holding in the card out of nowhere. Installed properly, and then just stopped holding it in. After fishing around in the slot to see if there was any debris or anything, I decided to take the camera apart and see if there was anything I could fix. There wasn't. At least not anything obvious.

I decided the only thing to do was buy a camera off of eBay and swap it out. I did NOT know about the magnetic nut, and I also didn't pay any attention to how the washers are stacked. So, after confidently reassembling it I went to power it on and found that the gimbal was completely non-responsive, and there was no image signal. Connected to the app fine though.

Of course, this led to more digging around and messing with stuff to ensure the connections were all solid etc... I didn't put it together about the magnetic nut until reading the calibration thread a second ago.

Is all lost? Repair company here in San Diego said that the Inspire 1 isn't even being supported anymore, and that they can't even order a replacement camera. They also said that "nobody" repairs the small parts, which I know is untrue.

Any recommendations for someone to send this pair of cameras and the formerly working gimbal to for calibration and/or repair?

I tried to post a classified ad as a WTB an X3 complete and save the hassle, but "lack sufficient permissions" to do so. So, also looking for an X3 possibly.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I did almost the same thing with my X3, but I went one step further and broke the ribbon as well - too much mucking around trying to calibrate the nuts.

So, I bit the bullet and took it to DJI (in New Zealand). They had to send it to Australia for repair. Three weeks later I picked it up, paid the $250 repair cost, took it home, opened the box and lo and behold - a brand new X3!

Perhaps they are getting rid of redundant stock?

Last edited:
Reactions: TwoFrogs Racing
I am confused, you originally posted it was a Z3, cost is $800.00 on a new one. You stated that they repaired it for $250.00 and all was good. But if you had a Z3 and they sent you an X3 instead, I would be one the phone right now, or maybe you just made a mistake in you posting. An X3 sells new for $469.99.

I am confused, you originally posted it was a Z3, cost is $800.00 on a new one. You stated that they repaired it for $250.00 and all was good. But if you had a Z3 and they sent you an X3 instead, I would be one the phone right now, or maybe you just made a mistake in you posting. An X3 sells new for $469.99.
Titan, you’re spot on - you are confused. See, the posts above are from two different people. Old TwoFrogs there, he has the Z3. I, on the other hand, have an X3. I probably should have been more clear on that point.

With regards to your pricing, you’ll note I’m in New Zealand, so, while it’s good to know what they’re going for in your neck of the woods, it’s comparing apples with lemons really.

Reactions: Jim Weist
Got it, they say when you get older your mind is the first thing to go..LOL....
Ah, you never know! I'm pretty sure my liver will be first on the list. I'd prefer it was my memory - I like meeting new people. ?

Reactions: Jim Weist

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EthanV875