Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Zenmuse X5 'No Signal'

Reaction score
I have a I1 Pro and x5. For some bizarre reason I cannot get video feed from the camera. It is fully controllable and with take video and stills. I had it once before earlier in the year and that was down to the SD card. (Though not sure why the SD card would block video). Bench tested before job and all good. Arrive on job following day and I get the 'No Signal Message' I tried different iPads still the same. Tried different Apps still the same. Swapped out lenses. Changed leads tried the camera remote control still nothing. Take off the X5 and put the X3 on and bingo. Video signal.

I have not updated anything for a while as everything up until the 'No Signal' message worked fine.

Any pointers or do I assume the X5 is knackered.

from my own experience, its probably the connector on the bottom of the aircraft.
if your still able to record video and photos to the sd card, as well as get all the information about what shutter speed and settings, just with no picture on your phone/tablet screen, then its probably the same problem as I had.

so you know where the little pins that you connect the gimbal to are on the vibration plate? if you look on the back of that part (youll probably have to unscrew the front of the vibration plate off the drone to get at it) there are 2 white connectors plugged in there.

try unplug them, give them a blow to clean them, and plug them back in. 8 times out of 10 thatll fix your problem.

I have found that there are more of those connectors if you follow those wires up into the nose of the drone (requires you to take the nose cone off with the 4 sliver screws on the outside of the drone, as well as 2 small ones which come up from the bottom, right above where the gimbal connects), unplugging and replugging those in can work too.

ive had to do as described above twice so far in the last few months, but I'm happy to report the drone is working perfect as a result.

yea, look, going ripping is the last resort to be honest, its just what ended up working for me.

i didnt realise you didnt have the latest firmware tho, it is possible that if youve been using both the x3 and the x5 on the same drone, the firmwares gotten mixed up as theres 2 different versions for those 2 different cameras, tho im sure you know that yourself!

try that first, as i know the app autoupdating ahead of the firmware on the craft can cause problems sometimes as well!

let us know how you get on tho! :D

I am currently having the same problems. When I got my new X5 i hooked it up to the drone and I had no signal message. I noticed that I had a "software update required for camera" message. I downloaded the firmware per DJI instructions and proceeded with the upgrade. About 5 min into it I had the "fail" alarm go off. I tried numerous times to erase, re-download, and try to upgrade the firmware again but to no avail. When I checked the software versions though it says that the Camera, and Drone itself were all on the most current updated firmware. I still have the no signal message, and no LED indicator on the gimbal. Not sure what else to try but open to any and all suggestions

I had this happen to my x 5 this Spring , i sent it to DJI repair center in LA , the camera was hardly used I got a quote saying I needed a new main board , Fine I sent the money in and though I was getting My camera fixed , Wrong ! What they do is send you the next camera ready to go out the door , a trade in program so to speak , The camera and case they returned to me had been around the block more then a few times then they lie to you .if you are ok with this kind of service , fine . I would find a private repair shop not DJI.
Chuck

I had this issue show up. It was easy for me, though. Moto uHD device now needs permission to transfer files for operation when the app starts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavitrakher1