Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Zenmuse X5 OEM box--Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Does anybody know where a person could got an OEM case/box for the X5? If not, does anybody have an extra they would want to part with? I searched a minute on Google and nothing came up.

Good Luck! I looked for almost a year before I was able to find one. I will keep my eyes for you.

LoL figured as much when a google search didn't find anything. Oh well one more over sized case to carry around I guess.

No luck so far. Would anybody with a case be willing to possibly take measurements of the case? Possibly total size height, width,length, then possibly both halfs? If I can get the dimensions I can make a 3D model and have it printed then just cut out my own foam for it.

As mentioned I could of used some detailed measurements and pictures of a real box but oh well. I took some rough measurements of the space in the stock case that the box goes into and went from there making a box in SketchUp. Could still use some work like a latches or a latch and hinge but for now it will do. Now it's just a matter of getting it printed and seeing if it will work.

Attachments

• X5box.jpg
    X5box.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 75
As mentioned I could of used some detailed measurements and pictures of a real box but oh well. I took some rough measurements of the space in the stock case that the box goes into and went from there making a box in SketchUp. Could still use some work like a latches or a latch and hinge but for now it will do. Now it's just a matter of getting it printed and seeing if it will work.
Thats a good start but the OEM box has the padding in it that protects the gimbal. I know you can get pluck foam can probably do a decent job, just make sure its protected in all the right spots.

I have already done that. I even contacted the guy selling the busted up X5R because I know it's the same box with slightly different foam inside but still holds the normal X5.

After spending some time in SketchUp (God I hate that program) I think I have something that is worth trying to print. It's really rough but should work for what I need it for.

The measurements are roughly 4.75"x4.75"x6" when closed.

Attachments

• X5box-tabs.jpg
    X5box-tabs.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I measured my Z3 box

the lid is 5 3/4" wide, 6 5/8" long, and 1 1/4" tall

the lower box is 5 3/4" wide, 6 5/8" long and 3 3/4" tall

both lid and lower section have a 1/8" lip overlap and 1/2" radius corners

4 7/8" is the total height of the box closed

Status
Not open for further replies.