Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

1.11 X3 Downgrade

Hey guys, I got my bird a few weeks ago with 1.8 and she flew great. As soon as I upgraded immediately started having video problems. I went the orig route of just putting the 1.10 firmware on the card but there was a failure to downgrade and I couldn't find anyone who figured out how to downgrade from 1.11 so I did a lot of googling and figured it out and thought i'd share for anyone interested.

After watching this video I knew I wanted to go back!

NOTE: Attempt at your own risk! I've only tested this on mine.
NOTE 2: I've only tested this with an X3 camera.

First download the firmware from Inspire 1 - Specs, FAQ, manual, video tutorials and DJI GO - DJI

Second, create a new file on the root of the SD Card Called "WM610_FW_DEBUG" with NO extension.

Then just put the SD Card in and she'll go. Took about 40 mins for mine to finish and the log never actually said that it succeeded. From there you can downgrade the other firmware's without the debug file.

- I am performing a firmware downgrade in order to attempt to fix a failure of the bird to stop at Travel Mode. Gear goes all the way up and all the way down but will not stop in the middle for Travel Mode. Upgrading all firmware was not the answer.

- I am performing a firmware downgrade in order to attempt to fix a failure of the bird to stop at Travel Mode. Gear goes all the way up and all the way down but will not stop in the middle for Travel Mode. Upgrading all firmware was not the answer.
I did notice that if you hold the AC while going into travel mode it does that. I think it’s using the bottom sensor to adjust. Try on a flat smooth surface and check it again.

Last edited:
Hello, try a white surface and whith light, sometimes put the iphone lantern close de surface, and it´s perfect!!

Hello! Does someone have older firmwares for inspire 1 with X5 ? I'm hoping to find 1.08 since based on this topic it seems to be the best performing version. I have now 1.11 and recently its virtually impossible to get Image transmission.

Hello! Does someone have older firmwares for inspire 1 with X5 ? I'm hoping to find 1.08 since based on this topic it seems to be the best performing version. I have now 1.11 and recently its virtually impossible to get Image transmission.

Link for legacy firmwares is in the description area:

D

Managed to to the downgrade to 1.08.. or i think so, drone did something. Also changed rc to 1.6 and tried to rebind after that = no luck with neither of the remotes. any ideas what could be the issue here?

Managed to to the downgrade to 1.08.. or i think so, drone did something. Also changed rc to 1.6 and tried to rebind after that = no luck with neither of the remotes. any ideas what could be the issue here?

Post roll back, what did the log file say? It's on the MicroSD card you used for the roll back. Copy and paste the contents here.

D

Post roll back, what did the log file say? It's on the MicroSD card you used for the roll back. Copy and paste the contents here.

D

Seems that it hasn't gone through. Anyone got the 1.09 file somewhere so i could try with that?

Attachments

• WM610_FC550_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 10
I did the downgrade again, log file looks like before so no success mark there, but now i am able to connect (didn't have to re-link the rc either). All seems to be working, aleast i got Image every time i turn ac on (that wasnt how things were before). Is it problem that my rc is 1.7 instead of 1.6?

IMG_20190813_141803.jpg

I did the downgrade again, log file looks like before so no success mark there, but now i am able to connect (didn't have to re-link the rc either). All seems to be working, aleast i got Image every time i turn ac on (that wasnt how things were before). Is it problem that my rc is 1.7 instead of 1.6?

View attachment 26324

Yes, your RC version is a problem. Roll your controller back to v1.6, and you'll be almost finished (use the same video I linked before). The final step to Inspire bliss is to roll back the app to v3.1.1. You'll have to turn off automatic upgrades, or 3.1.1 will upgrade to 3.1.54 every time you connect to the Internet.

D

Yes, your RC version is a problem. Roll your controller back to v1.6, and you'll be almost finished (use the same video I linked before). The final step to Inspire bliss is to roll back the app to v3.1.1. You'll have to turn off automatic upgrades, or 3.1.1 will upgrade to 3.1.54 every time you connect to the Internet.

D
managed to do this, and atleast now at home I get image transmission everytime. Waiting for proper test flight but seems atleast better than it was before. thanks for helping!

managed to do this, and atleast now at home I get image transmission everytime. Waiting for proper test flight but seems atleast better than it was before. thanks for helping!

You bet! Roll back your app so you can get the 32 channel hack, and you will never have video feed issues for the remaining life of the Inspire.

D

I did the roll back also but have still only 8 channels ?

Attachments

• IMG_20190814_163014.jpg
    IMG_20190814_163014.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20190814_163030.jpg
    IMG_20190814_163030.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 9
I did the roll back also but have still only 8 channels ?

Hmmmm....not to pick nits, but you should have app version 3.1.1. NOT 3.1.11. That *might* be the deal-breaker. Also, what size is your .DJI.configs file? If it's not this size exactly...

1565809358144.png

...you may have the wrong file. Also make sure the file name matches exactly.

D

What speed is everyone getting with rolling back to 1.08?? I'm trying to get mine back to fast speeds. What vs. did DJI roll the top end speed back?? Thx
Bolton

I"m flying the X5 with 1.11 with no issues at all, FWIW

What speed is everyone getting with rolling back to 1.08?? I'm trying to get mine back to fast speeds. What vs. did DJI roll the top end speed back?? Thx
Bolton

I don't think any firmware version governs vehicle speed. When we WERE running v10.xx.xx, we didn't notice any speed issues. I can't speak for v11.xx.xx.

D

I don't think any firmware version governs vehicle speed. When we WERE running v10.xx.xx, we didn't notice any speed issues. I can't speak for v11.xx.xx.

D
DJI governed the speed back to the low 40's with on of the versions. I want to get back to where it flies in the 60's mph.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko