Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

1.2.1.0 up on DJI download page

By erasing I'm assuming your formatting your SD card? Correct, just paste it into the root folder then
Yes, I formatted the card on my mac with disc utility, which erased everything, all folders. The SD card is completely blank, no folders. Can I just place the bin file in the open space? God, I feel incompetent:(

No, you haven't deleted your root folder. That isn't possible as it's the highest folder in the heirachy.
Easiest way is to format your card in the Inspire, then copy across the .bin file into the space you see when you open up the card in explorer on your pc.
You will see a couple of folders, misc and dcim, ignoring these and place the .bin file outside of either of these and that wil be the root folder.
Yes, I formatted the card on my mac with disc utility, which erased everything, all folders. The SD card is completely blank, no folders. Can I just place the bin file in the open space? God, I feel incompetent:(

I would reformat the card in the Inspire as that will format it to the correct file structure. Not sure Mac will format to fat32 or exfat which is what is required by the Inspire.
Once yu have formatted it in the aircraft transfer it to your Mac/pc and copy the .bin to the card, then pop it in the Inspire, fire it up and it will start to update.
Make sure you have extracted the .bin file first though as it is in compressed format from the download page.

There you go, Joola beat me to it.

Make sure you have extracted the file first though as its compressed.

All updated inspire both transmitters & 5 batteries no problem quick question once all updated do I remove the firmware on sad card or leave it on there ???

It took me a couple of goes to get the Inspire to recognise the update. I formatted mine in Inspire app. I copied the bin file on to the sd card and stupidly clicked on it to open it up......didnt work ! So I deleted the cgs file just leaving the original bin file.....didn't work. So I reformatted again, downloaded a new bin file and copied it onto the sd card......this time it worked.

There you go, Joola beat me to it.

Make sure you have extracted the file first though as its compressed.
Good idea! I will reformat using the app and then put the bin file back onto the card.
I then power everything off and insert the card into the aircraft and turn it on?
I do not need to have the app, transmitter dji pilot app on to initialize the update for the aircraft?
This morning I formatted the card, extracted the bin file, put it on the card, put into the gimbal, turned aircraft on, gimbal turned and yellow light began blinking. No beeps though. Waited almost 45 minutes but still no beeps for completing. Had to turn off inspire. Took sd card out and looked for text file. Folders had been created but all folders were empty and no text file... Did I eject prematurely hahaha?
I plan on just starting fresh when I get home.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL THE HELP!

Upgraded the bird and the RC's just fine. The battery that came with the Inspire was what I had in it during the upgrade. That battery updated because I got an error to condition it right away. However, Inserting the remaining 2 batteries I purchased in the last month did nothing. How do I check the firmware status of the batteries?

Upgraded early this morning. Everything went GREAT! Flew 3 flights and all was good. No GPS drop, The gear retracted on its own after lift off. I'm curious if anyone has tried taking off from a boat yet? It would be nice to see a list of all the corrections and improvements made. Thanks to all the Beta Testers!!!

I am so nervous to update to the new firmware but know that I have to.
I have read the instructions on how to update as well as used the chart that Dundee created.
I first erased/formated my card (via my computer) and downloaded the new firmware from DJI.
Questions:
I unzip the file and but the bin onto the sd card?
I then put the sd card into the gimbal and turned it on. Gimbal spun (like usual) and the yellow light began flashing. No beeps though.
TX and app are both off, just the aircraft is on.
I waited about 45 minutes and no beeps confirming update had finished. I was forced to turn the aircraft off as I needed to go to work.
I took a look at the sd card and some folders had been created but no txt file confirming failure or success with the update. just empty folders.
Questions:
Is it the bin or the zip that should be on the sd card before updating aircraft, TX and betteries?
I start with the aircraft upgrade first. Do I update with the TX and App open to minitor progress (like previous updates)?
Am I supposed to hear beeps that the upgrade has begun or if the yellow light is blink (looks like it is doing something), the update has initialized?
How much time should I be alloting for each upgrade?
I understand that it's aircraft, tx then each battery that needs to be upgraded.

I appreciate your help.

Peter
Make sure the sd card is completely blank and the put the .bin file into the root directory. Some people say to format the sd card first but I didn't and it worked fine. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well just as a bit of an update I went for an extended flight with the new firmware (not just the hover I done last night). Not a single issue with the bird. No faults. No warnings. Nothing. Love the new firmware and its restored my confidence a bit in the i1. Well done and thank you to all the Beta testers and to everyone at DJI that worked hard to achieve this.

Make sure the sd card is completely blank and the put the .bin file into the root directory. Some people say to format the sd card first but I didn't and it worked fine. Hope this helps

Am I supposed to hear a beep from the inspire when I start the upgrade?

Beta Testers.. YOU KICKED THE BUGS ASSES[emoji16]!! Good Job ladies and gentleman of the forum, testers, and DJI for listening[emoji6]!! Now what was that P3 thingy causing all the fuss about lately lol? Fly Safe and Have Fun!!

Git R' Done[emoji6]

Almost heading home from work.
Is the video tutorial from DJI the best method to follow for this newest update.
It seems to cover the full circle?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare