Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

1.6 YAFU (Yet Another Firmware Update)

Just tried to upgrade to 1.6 on both my inspires, never had any issues before but both birds do not start the update process, and when i go to the app it still says i am on 1.5 anyone else having this issue just seems strange with both my birds
same issue here, can't find fix. no problems updating the last time.

Someone mentioned that the batteries do not take the 1.6 update?... My second battery in the bird is updating...DDDD as we speak. 3 and 4 are charging.. so I will see if they do the same.

Post edit: battery #3 did not do any updating?? weird. waiting on #4 to finish charging.

Post edit#2: battery #4 did not do any updating...

GoApp shows
app version 2.5.1
aircraft version 1.6.00.40
rc version 1.5.70
camera version 1.5.00.30

Test flight in 13-15 mph winds... no issues.

Last edited:
Power only limited when battery cold. No issues with warm packs.
V1.7 will be out shortly in any case and this wrap the 1.6 battery protection up in it.

It finally warmed up enough (10C/50F) here today to consider updating the bird and giving it a go... ;)
All this 'birds falling from the sky' talk had me grounding mine in the mean time... :eek:
Used batteries all kept above 16C starting temp on bootup...
Checked battery summary in takeoff hover before flying away... :oops:
No issues using latest apps and FW... put some miles on the bird today... :cool:
I had updated one controller with a DBSMOD antenna over Christmas break... works GREAT!!!... :D
Also ran some complex flight plans thru the latest beta of FPV Camera... no issues to report... :cool:

Last edited:
Wow that was a long thread to read, I'm on 1.5 and was thinking not to update to 1.6 any time soon, but now after reading the whole thread I'm not that sure any more.
I live in a place with pretty cold winter conditions, usually less than -0 degrees and sometimes down to -15 - 20 degrees.

So if i stay on 1.5 the craft risk dropping from the sky, and if i go with 1.6 i get a reduced speed at colder battery temps?? I think i choose the latter. Or maybe i wait for 1.7 if its coming soon?

Anyway, what outside temperature can be considered safe enough to fly in without the risk of problems when on 1.5?

Wow that was a long thread to read, I'm on 1.5 and was thinking not to update to 1.6 any time soon, but now after reading the whole thread I'm not that sure any more.
I live in a place with pretty cold winter conditions, usually less than -0 degrees and sometimes down to -15 - 20 degrees.

So if i stay on 1.5 the craft risk dropping from the sky, and if i go with 1.6 i get a reduced speed at colder battery temps?? I think i choose the latter. Or maybe i wait for 1.7 if its coming soon?

Anyway, what outside temperature can be considered safe enough to fly in without the risk of problems when on 1.5?
It doesn't matter that much about outside temp, folks on here are flying in very cold temps with pre-warmed batteries even without insulation pads.

Once you start the motors the battery temp will rise, faster if you hover low, let it run a little, get the temp up a bit and you are good to fly. Once my battery temps reach 16 deg C I'm off. Check it during flight to satisfy yourself that bat temps are OK.

It doesn't matter that much about outside temp, folks on here are flying in very cold temps with pre-warmed batteries even without insulation pads.

Once you start the motors the battery temp will rise, faster if you hover low, let it run a little, get the temp up a bit and you are good to fly. Once my battery temps reach 16 deg C I'm off. Check it during flight to satisfy yourself that bat temps are OK.

Okay good, then i will just make sure that the battery temp is more than 15 degrees Celsius at all times when flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare