Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

1.6 YAFU (Yet Another Firmware Update)

I am flying the Inspire 1 with the Zenmuse X5. I do not have the Inspire Pro.

I just downloaded firmware from the Zenmuse x5 page. This is the file I downloaded.

WM610_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.60.bin

It went through the process as usual, and I got the proper beeping sounds indicating the process was finished. I checked the text file on the disk that was generated and got this message...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.60.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Then, when I turn everything on...rc first, then the craft, then my DJI GO app...which I just updated today...my GO APP comes up as usual...I'm able to go to my library, etc...but when I select camera...the APP just closes.

Not sure what the issue is? Did I download and install the incorrect firmware?

Thanks for you help!

Known issue. Delete and reinstall the app. Sync with DJI first if you want to save off your flight records. Reinstall 32 channel config file if desired after reinstall.

If you have an X5 on an original Inspire I think you may need to run the Pro FW as you have and then the X3 FW, but don't quote me on that....

Yes, that's correct, battery gets very warm with pads on, I have to pull out those pads as soon as I land so battery gets cool down fast, I don't like my battery to sit in the heat for too long because heat is the big enemy for battery.

I am flying the Inspire 1 with the Zenmuse X5. I do not have the Inspire Pro.

I just downloaded firmware from the Zenmuse x5 page. This is the file I downloaded.

WM610_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.60.bin

It went through the process as usual, and I got the proper beeping sounds indicating the process was finished. I checked the text file on the disk that was generated and got this message...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.60.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Then, when I turn everything on...rc first, then the craft, then my DJI GO app...which I just updated today...my GO APP comes up as usual...I'm able to go to my library, etc...but when I select camera...the APP just closes.

Not sure what the issue is? Did I download and install the incorrect firmware?

Thanks for you help!
I had the same problem last week without installing 1.6 ( going to wait a while on that one). I called and got through to DJI support, they told me to delete the app from my iPad and reinstall. I did and it works great now, Hope this helps!

I have a suggestion for future firmware threads, it would be nice to have a poll on the first post so we can see how many people (at least out of those that complete it) genuinely are having issues vs success. People should be able to edit their votes also.

I for one will skip 1.6. In sunny Queensland Australia there is no such thing as snow.

There was no beta for 1.6 as far as I know
For what its worth, I am a several time, past Beta Tester and got notified of an opportunity to join the 1.6 Beta Test only 2 days before it was released to the public. On the day I was notified of this trial I tried to download the Beta File from the testers website and only got error messages on their download page. I sent an immediate email to the Beta Support team to notify them of this error which prevented me from downloading their Beta File and never received a response.

Reactions: damoncooper
For what its worth, I am a several time, past Beta Tester and got notified of an opportunity to join the 1.6 Beta Test only 2 days before it was released to the public. On the day I was notified of this trial I tried to download the Beta File from the testers website and only got error messages on their download page. I sent an immediate email to the Beta Support team to notify them of this error which prevented me from downloading their Beta File and never received a response.
I believe they filled their quota and were specifically looking for cold weather testing.

Anyone got any logs to show actual speed reduction or struggling in wind at full stick ?

Seeing a few reports bit nothing actually shown.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I checked my speeds in zero wind. Max speed gps mode 47mph Max speed Atti mode 58mph. Most disappointing was vertical takeoff reduction. Max vertical gps and atti modes 7.0 mph. I contacted dji support. They stated that nobody else has reported any issues concerning speed reductions. Really ?

Last edited:
I checked my speeds in zero wind. Max speed gps mode 47mph Max speed Atti mode 58mph. Most disappointing was vertical takeoff reduction. Max vertical gps and atti modes 1.7 mph.

Was this in cold weather?

The weather has been so bad here, I haven't had a chance to fly. I didn't do the update to 1.6. Is there any problems with just flying on the old firmware and ignoring the warnings?

Not at all just dont go full throttle or the Voltage drops fast and the voltage display flashes red meaning its close to the danger zone... With normal speed i had no prob in -20 today. Just be easy on the throttle and make sure your battery is WARM...

Not at all just dont go full throttle or the Voltage drops fast and the voltage display flashes red meaning its close to the danger zone... With normal speed i had no prob in -20 today. Just be easy on the throttle and make sure your battery is WARM...

Gotcha!...

I checked my speeds in zero wind. Max speed gps mode 47mph Max speed Atti mode 58mph. Most disappointing was vertical takeoff reduction. Max vertical gps and atti modes 1.7 mph. I contacted dji support. They stated that nobody else has reported any issues concerning speed reductions. Really ?

Thank you that makes sense with what's been said especially around full throttle

I wonder what vertical was before ?

I'm thinking does it only look at pack temperature or is their another temp measure it has

Good to get some real data though

Thank you that makes sense with what's been said especially around full throttle

I wonder what vertical was before ?

I'm thinking does it only look at pack temperature or is their another temp measure it has

Good to get some real data though

It looks at pack temp. There is a small temperature sensor within each pack (this is how it is able to communicate its temp via telemetry).
What jixxer reported is exactly what the new firmware is supposed to do. In the low temps he was running at (which was less than 3degrees celcius) the throttle response is reduced to prevent the pack voltage dipping abruptly and taking the battery into shutdown.
At low temps as you probably know, all batteries struggle to give up their charge so readily and the terminal voltage will drop. Although the pack will recover after the load is removed if the voltage dips to where VLC has been set the power will be cut.

@jixxer did you by any chance do the same climb out test with a warm battery?

I checked my speeds in zero wind. Max speed gps mode 47mph Max speed Atti mode 58mph. Most disappointing was vertical takeoff reduction. Max vertical gps and atti modes 1.7 mph. I contacted dji support. They stated that nobody else has reported any issues concerning speed reductions. Really ?

Don't be dissuaded / discouraged by that. Standard response.

It looks at pack temp. There is a small temperature sensor within each pack (this is how it is able to communicate its temp via telemetry).
What jixxer reported is exactly what the new firmware is supposed to do. In the low temps he was running at (which was less than 3degrees celcius) the throttle response is reduced to prevent the pack voltage dipping abruptly and taking the battery into shutdown.
At low temps as you probably know, all batteries struggle to give up their charge so readily and the terminal voltage will drop. Although the pack will recover after the load is removed if the voltage dips to where VLC has been set the power will be cut.

Yea I was wondering if there was anymore temp sensors at play in the FC

Yes limiting rapid throttle change will keep the instant heavy load off the pack preventing the cells sagging.

That's the exact behaviour i was expecting TBH as well but there have been some limited reports of craft (p3 and i1) on v1.6 not being able to counter wind but no real evidence to prove it.

Just looking for some real evidence and not the normal rumours/hearsay of things happening.

I did the vertical test @ 10 minutes into flight. Battery had 38% power remaining. So I'm assuming battery temp was the same as speed test .Also I made a typ O mistake on the vertical speed. It was 7.0 mph Not 1.7mph

Last edited:
Still haven't updated, flew 2 days ago in a gusty 5m/s at ground level, so maybe 7m/s at a decent height. Of those of you who've updated, has anyone tested in a gusting head-on 15mph + wind and check time/distance covered in a RTH case scenario? Just asking, thx.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElwoodLope