4K Video Editing

Reaction score
Is it possible to save the 4k video to the iPad for editing and viewing? It only lets me save 1080p video I believe, although I'm not to familiar with the photography portion of the bird yet... I would like to be able to edit right on my iPad with iMovie if possible. Any help would be great!! Thanks!

No. 4K needs a tremendous amount of power to handle, it's beefy computer territory.

If you shoot 1080 you should be able to import it to the iPad with the Camera connection kit though.

Reactions: Travis189
I use an microsd adapter to upload my 4k footage to my iPad mini 2 and am able to watch the videos. Not sure if the iPad compresses them but they look hd. I don't use my iPad to edit as I use my mac for that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

i use an MBP late 2014 with 16gb of ram and the 512GB ssd drive (i think it has an nvidia 750) i can do full hd and 2k ok (not realtime) but 4k its a struggle, FCPX takes its sweet time to render and resolve drops dead with the footage. you will probably require a very good and fast GFX card to handle 4k in a reasonable manner

Reactions: qbizzy