Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

A second chance for recycled Inspire 2 ...

Yes, I know, for me the only "Professional" way it's a Pilot, and Cam operator.
My idea it's to make a new drone, with more flight time, and use the Inspire2 parts as camera, like your project, but to add to a new drone.
So my question is if you could control the gimbal with one remote with the sticks (I know that I can control from the master with the ridiculous wheel) .
I'ts not operative for me the Futaba remote to control the drone, and the two inspire remotes to control only the gimbal.
So will be great find the way to control the gimbal with no need of the master and slave remote connected.
Thanks
To my knowledge it's not possible to set a single DJI remote to operate Inspire 2 gimbal with sticks. No matter what you'll need at least two remotes: one to fly your custom build drone, another to control the gimbal and camera. You can control gimbal movements (yaw and pitch) with back wheels of a single Cendence RC, or with sticks in twin RC combination. In this scenario master RC may just sit on a tripod somewhere near camera operator and simply work as a network tower, assuming that antennas will pick up the video feed from camera in proximity. Slave RC is communicating with master, not with transmitter directly.

Last edited:
The idea was to turn this ...

View attachment 28475

... or this ...

View attachment 28476

... into a handheld camera. Of course the remains must exhibit signs of life, which doesn't happen too often after such catastrophic accident. I was lucky to find one still breathing, merely a carcass, and successfully connect the X5S camera borrowed from my perfectly fine and healthy Inspire ... 50 hours later the camera looks like that (here shown mounted on a shoulder rig):

View attachment 28477

... optionally mounted on a vehicle with a help of suction cups:

View attachment 28478

The camera delivers all goods Cinecore technology is capable of ...
Just wondering, where did you get that from and how much did you pay for it?

Just wondering, where did you get that from and how much did you pay for it?
A friend's Inspire get lost in a concrete jungle of LA downtown and tried to fly thru a building ... The licensed Cinecore module survived 8 floor dive, hence the idea. I paid him 750USD for the remains ...

• Haha
Reactions: JSmith
A friend's Inspire get lost in a concrete jungle of LA downtown and tried to fly thru a building ... The licensed Cinecore module survived 8 floor dive, hence the idea. I paid him 750USD for the remains ...
I love the way you narrate?. Just wondering, why didn't you try to just restore it to a normal drone?

And did he include the camera for $750?!
Of course the camera didn't survived 8 floor dive to a sidewalk, nor much else but the Cinecore module, some fragments of battery compartment and shell. Definitely beyond repair at reasonable price ...

Of course the camera didn't survived 8 floor dive to a sidewalk, nor much else but the Cinecore module, some fragments of battery compartment and shell. Definitely beyond repair at reasonable price ...
Didn't he have insurance on the drone? So wouldn't he get a replacement?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84