Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Advice - Inspire 1 -- Need your input

Reaction score
Hi all

Currently have a DJI Phantom 1 and its been great very reliable and no major issues,

Looking to make my next upgrade and was looking at the Walkera Tali H500 though as my Phantom was so great I very tempted to stay with DJI and bite the bullet and buy the Inspire. My only major concerns are the following

Gopro Hero 4 Black edition shooting 1080p at 120FPS - Surely I would want to have a gimbal for this camera, do I buy the Inspire and hope that DJI manufacture a gimbal or a third party make one that fits. I know that the Inspire has a camera pre fitted but why recor with 60 fps at 1080 when I can already record 12o fps at 1080. I know that DJI support the Gopro clearly they do as it was used with the Phantom and Phantom 2

Second issue
FatShark Attitude V2 - Does not seem to be a way to connect to the camera using FPV unless you use the Dominaters and connect the goggles to the HDMI on the radio

I do know that this is the first generation of the Inspire but this might not be for me, it seems to be aimed at the semi professional user and not the FPV community.

Let me know your thoughts and hopefully you will help me decide, thanks for taking the time to reply

Hi all

Currently have a DJI Phantom 1 and its been great very reliable and no major issues,

Looking to make my next upgrade and was looking at the Walkera Tali H500 though as my Phantom was so great I very tempted to stay with DJI and bite the bullet and buy the Inspire. My only major concerns are the following

Gopro Hero 4 Black edition shooting 1080p at 120FPS - Surely I would want to have a gimbal for this camera, do I buy the Inspire and hope that DJI manufacture a gimbal or a third party make one that fits. I know that the Inspire has a camera pre fitted but why recor with 60 fps at 1080 when I can already record 12o fps at 1080. I know that DJI support the Gopro clearly they do as it was used with the Phantom and Phantom 2

Second issue
FatShark Attitude V2 - Does not seem to be a way to connect to the camera using FPV unless you use the Dominaters and connect the goggles to the HDMI on the radio

I do know that this is the first generation of the Inspire but this might not be for me, it seems to be aimed at the semi professional user and not the FPV community.

Let me know your thoughts and hopefully you will help me decide, thanks for taking the time to reply
Hey there Exibit..
although the inspire 1 is marketed for airial photography it's great for fpv flight. .
the inspire has a two mile range stock with a top speed of around 53 mph..
also you can use a tablet plus a monitor at the same time..
I don't believe any other drone comes with an app anything like dji's..
If you like walkera they just came out with their voyager 3. .
I saw a video of one flying. .it was very impressive imo..super high performance ..it's being released at the end of this month. .
2600.00 usd...on amazon. .
When it comes down to it the inspire 1 is a good as it gets..
when you add up the features it blows the competition right out of the water..probably will be that way for a while. .
check out 3dr..nice stuff but just not up to par with the inspire. ..
so if you can afford to buy a inspire go for it !! It's an awesome machine. .you'll be glad you did..
make sure you buy from amazon or copter shop. .
Amazon.com is top dog but you can't go wrong with copter shop..good all the way around. .
stay away from all e rc. .they only have a 2 week return policy that they don't honor. .they will push you off to dji la..
happy flying. .
turbo. ..

Thanks for the reply, when you say great for FPV, there only seem to be a small number of goggles that can plug into the HDMI for Lightbridge
I know the Dominator HD work

Reactions: Luke
Thanks for the reply, when you say great for FPV, there only seem to be a small number of goggles that can plug into the HDMI for Lightbridge
I know the Dominator HD work

The following goggles work with the I1
Zeiss Cinimizers
Fatshark Dominator HD
Sony HMZ-T3W
Avegant Glyph (end of this year)

Personally, I'd wait for the Avegant Glyph.
They're currently available for preorder.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
There is a thread on the Sony's and it appears they are probably the best choice for HDMI 720p right now but pricey

I would be surprised if DJI make a gimbal for a gopro on the inspire, as they are effectively direct competitors now. Gopro are moving into drones, and DJI are making action cameras. I think the Gopro/DJI days are over probably.

It is clearly not a machine made for FPV but for imagery. You can use FPV for framing as I do, but it definitely isn't the thing you'll use to have fun cruising around.
Then again DJI stuff has never been the best choice for FPV.

And yes, I also doubt we'll ever see any new DJI product that is made for GoPro. They never managed to get them to collaborate on making a good product and thus gave up on them and went with their own design probably for good.

The following goggles work with the I1
Zeiss Cinimizers
Fatshark Dominator HD
Sony HMZ-T3W
Avegant Glyph (end of this year)

I'm surprised nobody has tried getting the Samsung Gear VR goggles to work with Inspire yet?

Native resolution of the Samsung Note 4 is 1440p and that easily beats the Sony goggles. :p

I'm surprised nobody has tried getting the Samsung Gear VR goggles to work with Inspire yet?
Simply because it's not possible, it would need a completely different app tailored for it like the Rift. Nobody will be able to have a go at it until the SDK is released.

Native resolution of the Samsung Note 4 is 1440p and that easily beats the Sony goggles. :p
Yeah but that resolution is spread over a much wider area, so it will look a lot more pixelated and the distorsion won't make it as good of a framing tool. It's meant for VR applications with head tracking to look around the image, not just as a monitor. Most of the image is in your peripheral vision and some is even outside of your field of view completely.

Last edited:
Yeah but that resolution is spread over a much wider area, so it will look a lot more pixelated and the distorsion won't make it as good of a framing tool. It's meant for VR applications with head tracking to look around the image, not just as a monitor. Most of the image is in your peripheral vision and some is even outside of your field of view completely.

Samsung Gear VR is designed to be equally adept at VR manipulations as well as standard monitor viewing applications such as watching movies. Don't get tunnel vision about what it can do.

And 1440 resolution "spread over a much wider area" is hogwash. Many reports from people who've actually used the Samsung Gear VR report no pixelation at all and are stunned by the resolution and clarity of the displayed image. It quite simply is the best FPV headset on the market right now.

I haven't used the Gear VR itself but I tried most of the other things based on the same tech so I know what I'm talking about. 2560pix wide means 1280 per eye, spread over 96° and some of which you won't even really see. Of course it's going to be more pixelated than the same 1280 pixels over 45°. People just don't know how things can be, so they're happy with it.
Yes you can do "standard monitor viewing"... by using a smaller display area/resolution to go back to a monitor-like FOV.

And it can't be "the best FPV headset right now" when there is absolutely no way to use it in any FPV application all at this point o_O

I haven't used the Gear VR itself but I tried most of the other things based on the same tech so I know what I'm talking about. 2560pix wide means 1280 per eye, spread over 96° and some of which you won't even really see. Of course it's going to be more pixelated than the same 1280 pixels over 45°. People just don't know how things can be, so they're happy with it.
Yes you can do "standard monitor viewing"... by using a smaller display area/resolution to go back to a monitor-like FOV.

And it can't be "the best FPV headset right now" when there is absolutely no way to use it in any FPV application all at this point o_O

Samsung will have interchangeable lenses so that the full 2560x1440 resolution is only spread over 45-degree FOV. It will give the impression you are watching a a near-UHD monitor that is 150-inches diagonal. Truly impressive -- and it will definitely be the best FPV goggles on the market. I don't see how you can put the Sony HMZ-T3W at 720p next to the 1440p display of the Samsung under the same FOV parameters and say it's better. It's all basic math here, friend.

OK, with 45° lenses I'd agree. Never read anything about that being a thing though, the only specs I've seen are the 96° FOV lenses.

And again, there's no way to use a Note/Gear VR for FPV. Would be great if there was but I have my doubts it will ever be possible, at least not in a satisfactory and sufficiently low-latency wayas it would require going through Wi-Fi.

You're all wrong!!!!!......FPV goggles based on current display technology is outdated and sooooooo last year.
The way forward is retina projection which is coming before the end of this year.
After that, the next step is for us to be plugged into the Matrix :D

Hi all

Second issue

Walkera Tali H500 not a filming platform? you must know this? FPV

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips