Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Aircraft Firmware Update

Reaction score
Website
www.aerovision.asia
Hi all, just managed to buy my third Inspire 1 (for professional use!!), and it seems I can't update my firmware on the aircraft. When viewed via the app, I get a warning that states 'Aircraft Upgrade Error' - what exactly am I doing wrong? I haven't had this problem before with my previous I1s.

A brief walkthrough of the problem;

1. 32 GB (C10) Lexar SD Card - formatted FAT and uploaded new firmware update .bin file into it.
2. Inserted into gimbal mount camera slot.
3. Boot up I1s battery, camera goes through slight calibration and then starts the update sequence - a couple beeps and then a rapidly blinking yellow light emitting via the rear. This continues for quite some time, with noises comparable to an old optical drive with scratchy CD/ DVD inside.
4. I eventually have to turn the drone off manually - checking the SD card txt. file on my computer, with the stats 'Aircraft Update Failed, Please reboot and install firmware again'.
5. This is driving me nuts, please, anyone out there lend me a hand or two!!

Much appreciated,
Hans

Hey Hans! !
Welcome to inspirepilots.com. ...
I'll take a shot at it...
I think you have plenty of experience from your previous i1's so I'm sure it's not something you're doing incorrectly. .
I'm also guessing this is a used I1 ,but maybe not...
anyway I haven't heard a fix for this scenario so I'll tell you what I'd try..
seems like a good idea to check the connection between the gimble and ac anytime a weird error message is generated. .
look for damaged pins and make sure it's seated properly.
I'd make sure and erase your SD card and maybe try another one..
then I'd reinstall the root file to the SD card..
Then I'd use a fresh battery that's fully charged ..
after the i1 completely cools down I'd try again...
hopefully it will work..
let us know how it works out!!
Turbo. ...

Reactions: JRenner
Hey Turbo,

Thanks for welcome and the quick reply! I've checked the cable connector just above the gimbal attachment - everything is seated properly and the pins look to be in fine condition (brand new I1 by the way).

At the moment, the I1 is blinking yellow rapidly and has been doing so for the past 20 minutes or so. This is probably the 5th time it's done so. I've talked to DJI support, but they're not very helpful in this regard.

Could it be a faulty gimbal system?

Thanks for the help,
Hans

@Skylab

Yup, full charge in the battery!

Short of checking the gimbal pins and maybe just letting it do it's thing maybe it will work.

If I was in your shoes, I'd call my dealer and tell them I want an exchange for a new one, let them deal with DJI and their repair process

Hey Turbo,

Thanks for welcome and the quick reply! I've checked the cable connector just above the gimbal attachment - everything is seated properly and the pins look to be in fine condition (brand new I1 by the way).

At the moment, the I1 is blinking yellow rapidly and has been doing so for the past 20 minutes or so. This is probably the 5th time it's done so. I've talked to DJI support, but they're not very helpful in this regard.

Thanks for the help,
Hans
You could try using a different gimble from one of your other i1's to eliminate the camera /gimble. .
definitely call your dealer and ask for a replacement if you can't get it sorted out ..

Hey Turbo,

Thanks for the help,
Hans
If it's not going bbbb bbbb there's an issue so no need to wait for it to work out...just start over...
make sure the sd card is installed correctly and seated all the way in..

Nope, its 5am here in Indonesia, and the other drones are all at the office - about 3 hours away..
Ya man...
I'm leaning to a bad camera at this point.
It doesn't seem to want to take the update and it does sound funny. .
That's what I believe the quick flashing yellow light means..
I'm not sure what your return policies are where you're at but here they have shortened it down to 7 days in many cases..
it wouldn't be hard to check ..just switch the cameras when you can and then you'll know..
let us know what you find out..
good luck man!!!
Turb....

Ya man...
I'm leaning to a bad camera at this point.
It doesn't seem to want to take the update and it does sound funny. .
That's what I believe the quick flashing yellow light means..
I'm not sure what your return policies are where you're at but here they have shortened it down to 7 days in many cases..
it wouldn't be hard to check ..just switch the cameras when you can and then you'll know..
let us know what you find out..
good luck man!!!
Turb....
A fast flashing yellow tail light only indicates that the aircraft has lost signal from the RC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa