Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Need a copy of the Inspire 1 controller firmware

Reaction score
Recently purchased a used Inspire 1 with dual controllers. One of the controllers works fine and I can use the app to update the firmware, the other one, will not connect to the app at all. The USB port DOES give a charge to my phone when it is plugged in, which makes me think that the USB port works, however after digging through some websites and forums, I think the issue is an outdated firmware beneath the point where app compatibility is available. Every single link, file, etc, has not worked or has gone down so I no longer have access to any way to update the controller to 1.3 using a USB stick. Does anyone have the spare file or know of any functioning website with the V1.3 Firmware I need?
Thanks!

Been awhile, May get more from others.
I see DJI downloads have back to 2015 ver 1.4.

Have you tried using DJI Asst for Lightbridge?.
It may allow you to upgrade.

Also, not technically supported, but have you tried DJI Asst 2 connected to I1.

See post #5. May help.

Recently purchased a used Inspire 1 with dual controllers. One of the controllers works fine and I can use the app to update the firmware, the other one, will not connect to the app at all. The USB port DOES give a charge to my phone when it is plugged in, which makes me think that the USB port works, however after digging through some websites and forums, I think the issue is an outdated firmware beneath the point where app compatibility is available. Every single link, file, etc, has not worked or has gone down so I no longer have access to any way to update the controller to 1.3 using a USB stick. Does anyone have the spare file or know of any functioning website with the V1.3 Firmware I need?
Thanks!
late reply but I have the same issue with one of my remote control, turns out to be a dead HDMI board. I swapped the working HDMI board from the working remote to the broken remote and the USB started working right away and I was able to update the firmware on the broken remote.

So far I haven't found a fix for the HDMI board so still only 1 remote works with the phone.

At this stage with Inspire 1... purchase the HDMI board or Replacement Radio. Parts are getting thin, but if ya watch eBay they often show up at times.

Other option, purchase another Inspire 1 to serve as Replacement or Parts Doner. If you're wanting to keep an Inspire 1 in the air... you'll want a Doner eventually. Also Koptermax has new 100% Refreshed TB48 batteries... at a new battery price.

I'd agree the Inspire 1 is a special craft... it was a bare bones hot rod.
I have 2x Inspire 1, X5R, X5, 3x Z3, XT-R 640... excellent shape I'm saving... very partial to them, rarely fly them but like'em a lot... was the most impact sUAV to advance the cinematography use of drones and XT Inspections... still highly used presently.

HDMI expansion board- $80 (looks like 2 are listed)

Inspire 1 RC GL658B listed @ $205

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zaruripapers