Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Albany, NY area?

Hello, Lake Placid here, I have been flying the Adirondack park for quite a while( when the 1st phantom came out). I use several Inspires as well as a Matrice 600. We film here and now in the Fl Keys where we have a filming business. Glad to hear of more pilots near by.

Reactions: Heliarink
I envey the amount of work you are getting! It has been frustrating for me. I have been a video producer/editor and photographer for years. I have been flying sinse the1st Phantom as well (hated the batteries ;) and I think I have a pretty fair reel. But the professional engagements (other than with my own clients and projects) have been few and far between.

I envey the amount of work you are getting! It has been frustrating for me. I have been a video producer/editor and photographer for years. I have been flying sinse the1st Phantom as well (hated the batteries ;) and I think I have a pretty fair reel. But the professional engagements (other than with my own clients and projects) have been few and far between.
Well there is a lack of work here for sure, probably why we have a full-time business in FL. There is drone pilots who do some real-estate work but do it so cheap its just not worth doing. I started doing work for volunteer efforts and non for profit causes and became the go-to guy in my area. I believe that working just as hard to give back helps with attracting paying clients. We are doing free roof inspection pictures in the Keys for our fellow FL residents so they get home damage monies for hurricane damage from their insurance companies now. None of this is easy,I have a few hundred thousand in camera equipment that I paid for with my construction company. We film and tell stories because it is a passion. To be really busy you will need to travel a lot or relocate.

Work in this area is slow also but I’ll second the suggestion about doing work for nonprofits. It’s like huge free advertising. I already do a couple free gigs but plan on picking up a couple more.

Hey Jennifer, Albany in the house!
Actually just over the river Schodak. A meetup would be GREAT! I thought I was all alone out here.
I’m not certain how many people in the area would be interested, but I did meet a guy in the park with a phantom 3 who said there are quite a few around.

Hello, Lake Placid here, I have been flying the Adirondack park for quite a while( when the 1st phantom came out). I use several Inspires as well as a Matrice 600. We film here and now in the Fl Keys where we have a filming business. Glad to hear of more pilots near by.
Seems like we may have enough people to have some get-togethers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool