Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Android tablet for inspire 1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Would you buy a tablet with wifi only or wifi+lte to link to the remote of the Inspire 1?

Actually, I am considering buying the Galaxy tab s 8.4 to operate the Inspire 1. Anyone has experience with this setup?

Thanks
Macphi

Guys over at rcgroups say that the tab pro is better than the s. Yes it's older but it looks like the inspire app only makes use of a couple of cores and so the higher clock speed of the pro is beneficial rather than the 8 cores of the S.
The tablet that seems to be the best is the nvidia shield tablet, followed closely by the Google Nexus 9.
There are people who have used the S in isolation and say it's fine. However I've yet to see anyone who has used several tablets who rates the S for use with the Inspire.

Over on rc groups.com the guys are saying good things about the nvidia shield 8 inch. .they sell for around 400.00 usd with lte and the wi-fi model for 300.00 usd at bestbuy or Amazon. .

Hi everyone,
Would you buy a tablet with wifi only or wifi+lte to link to the remote of the Inspire 1?

Actually, I am considering buying the Galaxy tab s 8.4 to operate the Inspire 1. Anyone has experience with this setup?

Thanks
Macphi
I agree with rilot and there's not a whole lot of choices on android. .I want a 10.1 inch.. I can't see paying 400 usd for an eight inch screen. .

Tried my new Galaxy Tab s 8.4 this weekend. Not familiar with Android devices. Had to debug USB which is a "hidden" feature and not intuitive. A google search provided the answer. Unlike other pilots, did not run any memory cleaners or delete apps. Just couldn't be bother figuring it out.

Although it worked fine, there was definite skipping of frames in the FPV versus my IPAD Air. Not smooth. Others claimed to have eliminated same by using a memory cleaner. I simply couldn't be bothered. I did prefer the small form factor.

For now, I'll be returning the Galaxy, using my Ipad AIr, and if IOS clears, will get an Ipad Mini 2. If IOS never clears, then I guess I'll have to have an Inspire dedicated android device. Until then, IOS for me.

I've plumped for a Shield. Should be here tomorrow and will report how it compares to my iPad Mini 2.

Thanks for the great information... I really don't want to go with an android, but you have helped me decide. Thanks again

I'm using a $150 nexus 7 with no problems at all. Works perfectly. I use my phone as a hot spot for wifi if I need it.

Ben

I'm using a $150 nexus 7 with no problems at all. Works perfectly. I use my phone as a hot spot for wifi if I need it.

Ben
I am using two Nexus 7s (2013 version), which I bought for $135 each from Groupon. They work perfectly, and the video looks great.

Nice video but a video in action paints a thousand words and in this case would be more conclusive. I've seen too many opinions only, and videos of the tablets in action don't bare it out. The two top contenders seem to be the tab pro 8.4 and the nvidia. If you have both and can do a video on their actual performance that would be exceptional of you. Or even just the nvidia in action would be great. Thanks.

I ordered a Nvidia Shield and a Sony xperia z3 tablet,They Will be here tomorrow:), on DJI website they recommend Sony xperia z3 tablet. We will see.

Well, just tried my Shield and it's pretty much identical in terms of frame rate to my iPad Mini 2. Not sure how it compares to the Air 2 but I'm happy with the performance.

I ordered a Nvidia Shield and a Sony xperia z3 tablet,They Will be here tomorrow:), on DJI website they recommend Sony xperia z3 tablet. We will see.

Have you tried the Xperia z3 tablet... how does it work in real life :) or is Nvidia Shield better ?

I ended up going with the Sony Xperia z3 tablet better battery life awesome screen no glitches pretty decent little tablet and it's waterproof up to 5 ft.

Reactions: Moonglider

Also have two Sony Z3 tables in white (pilot+camera remote). looks great, works very nice and they fit perfectly into the case.

Reactions: Funnone
I'm looking at getting an Nvidia Shield but not sure if I should go with 16gb or 32gb. Is there any difference in performance with the Inspire 1 between the two? Thanks.

I'm looking at getting an Nvidia Shield but not sure if I should go with 16gb or 32gb. Is there any difference in performance with the Inspire 1 between the two? Thanks.

No diffrence in performance as far as I know. The NVIDIA has an SD Card slot so you can add storage anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian