Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Another sUAV Shot Down

Well, in this case a 12gauge with #8 steel bird shot say a modified choke, shot from say the threshold of his house? That drone either had to be real close or very still for a long time.

Either way the guy with a drone Wes stupid enough to leave his drone in a hover over someone's house that he Obviously didn't even know? That's pretty dense. Almost as dense as shooting at an aircraft, especially after the FAA has made it clear that it's a federal offense to do so. Before the laws become clear regarding all of this, situations like these are going to result in over prosecution of drone operators & property owners who have shot down a UAS. It's clear to me that the gov't is failing in all areas regarding this, yet no one working for the gov't will ever miss a meal, lose a wink of sleep, or experience a moment of peril.

Wormwood

I totally agree with the landowner on this EXCEPT the discharging of a firearm in PUBLIC... I'm NOT joining a drone cult that insists on flying over people's homes and accepting the fact you are doing nothing wrong, SORRY!! My take is on this, GET PERMISSION and get as much people/public involved as possible knowing that what you are doing is perfectly LEGAL! Two ways to look at this "PERSONAL PROPERTY flying over PRIVATE PROPERTY"! I'm a gun owner, a hunter, and lease private property.. I own Quadcopters and other RC electronics.. What we got here is, you play with fire you will eventually get burned.. Problem today is there is NO RESPECT for one another.. I can say that because I'm on both sides of the FENCE! I have nothing to hide, nor do I feel I have to defend property out in the woods.. Backyards, and windows, NOW ITS A PROBLEM!! Not saying people are pervs, predators, or such but put that into consideration while your wife or children are freely roaming the grounds of your privacy!! Just put that into perspective, it's piece of mind... You're at all COSTS going to defend this, ITS NATURAL and you have NO IDEA what this Quadcopter is capable of or what it's even carrying[emoji15]!! We watch and see the news everyday, yet we keep seeing people push the limits.. Either way, public and neighborhood flying will eventually be banned, like it or NOT.. Like guns, leadership, and politicians, once someone get a hair up there ***, **** is going to hit the fan.. That's the easiest way to put it.. Suggestion!!!!!! If you fly in a neighborhood, I SUGGEST LETTING PEOPLE KNOW your intentions, or get a permit from the township providing your work or what it is you are doing, END OF STORY, and to the point!! Anything happens whilst in your mission, YOU HAVE PROOF!! This isn't about hobbyists anymore, it's about the general public owning an RC AIRCRAFT without proper education and respect, BOTTOMLINE!! Like it or not, it's just the way I see and feel it should go down[emoji6], just my .02

I totally agree with the landowner on this EXCEPT the discharging of a firearm in PUBLIC... I'm NOT joining a drone cult that insists on flying over people's homes and accepting the fact you are doing nothing wrong, SORRY!! My take is on this, GET PERMISSION and get as much people/public involved as possible knowing that what you are doing is perfectly LEGAL! Two ways to look at this "PERSONAL PROPERTY flying over PRIVATE PROPERTY"! I'm a gun owner, a hunter, and lease private property.. I own Quadcopters and other RC electronics.. What we got here is, you play with fire you will eventually get burned.. Problem today is there is NO RESPECT for one another.. I can say that because I'm on both sides of the FENCE! I have nothing to hide, nor do I feel I have to defend property out in the woods.. Backyards, and windows, NOW ITS A PROBLEM!! Not saying people are pervs, predators, or such but put that into consideration while your wife or children are freely roaming the grounds of your privacy!! Just put that into perspective, it's piece of mind... You're at all COSTS going to defend this, ITS NATURAL and you have NO IDEA what this Quadcopter is capable of or what it's even carrying[emoji15]!! We watch and see the news everyday, yet we keep seeing people push the limits.. Either way, public and neighborhood flying will eventually be banned, like it or NOT.. Like guns, leadership, and politicians, once someone get a hair up there ***, **** is going to hit the fan.. That's the easiest way to put it.. Suggestion!!!!!! If you fly in a neighborhood, I SUGGEST LETTING PEOPLE KNOW your intentions, or get a permit from the township providing your work or what it is you are doing, END OF STORY, and to the point!! Anything happens whilst in your mission, YOU HAVE PROOF!! This isn't about hobbyists anymore, it's about the general public owning an RC AIRCRAFT without proper education and respect, BOTTOMLINE!! Like it or not, it's just the way I see and feel it should go down[emoji6], just my .02
Random caps lock problem i see :)

Reactions: mad in nc and PB30X
Glad he did it and hope he gets all charges dropped. Anyone trespassing and worse (hovering) over your property should be open to the same fate. The dumb-*** pilot is just digging our drone grave deeper.

Glad he did it and hope he gets all charges dropped. Anyone trespassing and worse (hovering) over your property should be open to the same fate. The dumb-*** pilot is just digging our drone grave deeper.

Given what we know from the article, which is all from the shooter, I concur the multi-rotor operator was out of place hovering over someone elses property, if without permission.

But, I as a gun owner and hunter, there are other ways to deal with the situation, than the "knee-jerk" reaction of shooting it down. The incident could well have escalated into a physical altercation involving a gun or guns between the parties.

I wouldn't believe everything you hear or read..
I was accused of hovering 20 feet above my neighbors house and spying on his wife in her bathing suit which is a complete lie..
I had a similar incedent but was lucky enough not to have my inspire shot down..
I called the police and they said I was being rude flying over someone's property and didn't do anything about the lead flying near both my neighbors head nor mine..
the police officer said my drone wasn't an aircraft and said it was perfectly legal for my neighbors to shot it down...
I called the faa twice and never heard back from them...
I've since moved and haven't flown out of my new spot because I know there's going to be one jerk who gets pissed off...
I went to a park near my new place to fly but after reading the park rules I found out it's illegal to fly a rc aircraft in the park...
it won't be long until drones are banned everywhere except private property. ..
I'm sure if I wasn't into drones I'd probably be against them because I would think they would be spying on me..
the funny thing about this is there's isn't any real privacy in America anymore and all of your communications are being monitored along with satalite images being taken..
I guess there's nothing we can do about that so let's target drones....

Reactions: crashburn
Double edged sword. 2 ways to look at things. After an altercation with a gun owner. I try to not hover but i cant always tell where exactly i might pause to just pause. Other side i could have just paused over someones private pool. Above 84ft dont mess with my drone! America 911 is what citizens use. Cowboys, gun happy thugs. Its no justification for shooting uav's. As an owner i1 tho common sense folks keep a drift in hillbilly jim hoods

Reactions: PB30X

you do not own national airspace homie... I am in the same boat, I spent a long time in the military, I own property, I enjoy my privacy, but if a drone flys over in an noninvasive way, let it be. None of us own as much as one inch above the tallest blade of grass, that is where the personal property argument ends and the invasion of privacy argument begins.

I do fly over others personal property but not an inch below 250 feet agl.

you do not own national airspace homie... I am in the same boat, I spent a long time in the military, I own property, I enjoy my privacy, but if a drone flys over in an noninvasive way, let it be. None of us own as much as one inch above the tallest blade of grass, that is where the personal property argument ends and the invasion of privacy argument begins.

I do fly over others personal property but not an inch below 250 feet agl.

interesting article on airspace

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/the-property-rights-of-airspace.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa