Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any program for preset flight regardless of location?

Reaction score
I apologise if this isn't posted in the correct area.

I was curious if there is any way or any app that would all for you to predetermine a flight path that can be used regardless of where you are at.

Let me explain. Say I want my inspire to lift off, hover and take a picture at 10 feet at an angle of 25 degrees....then move forward 10 feet and raise to 20 feet and take a picture at 45 degrees....so on and so forth.

I don't want this to be set at any specific location so that I can just setup my shoot, hit a button, and it will automatically do this regardless of where I'm at.

I know I'm probably asking a lot, but I thought someone might have suggestions on how this might be accomplished if it's possible.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
But will these allow for the programming of the flight and not be dependent on location?

I thought both of these were just to setup a flight path of a specific location. I want to be able to setup a flight and then be able to pick up the drone and say move it to a different town and fly the same path.

I think you are asking a valid question but you’re asking for a lot from the Inspire 2 and at this point it’s not capable of such a specific task, at least to my knowledge anyway. There are autopilot drones that fly autonomously but they’re very expensive. I’ve seen them somewhere online and they have a home point based charging station that they fly from. I wish I could remember the company that developed and produces them but I can’t remember. Sorry

I think you are asking a valid question but you’re asking for a lot from the Inspire 2 and at this point it’s not capable of such a specific task, at least to my knowledge anyway. There are autopilot drones that fly autonomously but they’re very expensive. I’ve seen them somewhere online and they have a home point based charging station that they fly from. I wish I could remember the company that developed and produces them but I can’t remember. Sorry
No worries, just thought I'd ask since it was a need that I had. I'm sure I can make litchi work for what I need.

I want to be able to setup a flight and then be able to pick up the drone and say move it to a different town and fly the same path.
No problem with Autopilot.
All waypoints can be setup relative to the operater (RC)

So, you can takeoff at location A with your pre-set mission, fly it, done.
Then goto location B and do the same exact thing.

The mission will be executed as your first one, because what changes is only the operator location and the mission was created with relative to the operator.

Reactions: HoosierAerials

The mission will be executed as your first one, because what changes is only the operator location and the mission was created with relative to the operator.
Awesome....I'll have to give it a shot and start watching YouTube videos on the subject.

Thanks everyone for all your help!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Is that true? I was under the impression that the way point were not relative to anything and purely GPS coordinates.
I say that because I have set up a flight path while standing in one location and then move 100 yards away to get a better view of possible obstacles and no matter where I stood the bird seem to go to the exact same places.
Also I am very new to litchi and rarely us it ad I am not big into automated flights and smart modes

Is that true? I was under the impression that the way point were not relative to anything and purely GPS coordinates.
I say that because I have set up a flight path while standing in one location and then move 100 yards away to get a better view of possible obstacles and no matter where I stood the bird seem to go to the exact same places.
Also I am very new to litchi and rarely us it ad I am not big into automated flights and smart modes
Right. You have to choose the “relative” option for it to be relative.

Ahh. Thanks for the clarification. As you can tell I am NO litchi expert.;)
I don’t know much about Litchi either. Just to be clear... the post you quoted was talking about Autopilot and that is what I was referring to.

Is autopilot available for android? If yes, what is the company offering this app?
Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips