Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any way of doing a nice and smooth 360 with I1?

thanks guys for your inputs ....... also DJI TX sticks are too sensitive compared to Futaba ones, that make it more difficult when you need little response .....so besides practice of course, what if i set Attitude to lets said 60 or 70 in order to archive less stick response? would that help a little bit?

Kilrah that exactly what i mean ! yous looks really smooth .... can you share your settings to help me out finding why mine does not fly that good ...?
Defaults...

Can you show some of the results you get?

It's usually good to pick a given stick "combination" for the movement you want and just maintain that for a few seconds instead of trying to correct too much. Hard to give much more advice really.

EDIT: Hmm I kinda forgot I do all of these while flying FPV. Might play quite a role.

Last edited:
Hi guys, my Inpire 1 flies beautifully and i like it a lot but and big but ....
i can not do a nice and smooth 360 turn in order to shoot something ... I try changing settings, ATT, brake at minimum, expo curve, yaw at 70 and i can not fine the right settings to get it smooth enough. I
been flying for almost 3 years with a DJI F550 with DYS 3 axis gimbal and love it ....i can do perfectly smooth 360 with my Futaba 8FG super ...
Any help will be appreciated ! Thanks in advance ...
Are you a 'Thumber' or a 'Pincher"?
Pinching the sticks usually gives finer muscle control. Also try adjusting the sticks so that they are longer.
At the end of the day its all about.......Practice - There is absolutely no substitute for stick hours ;)

I love flying RC. If I use a drone to do photography/videography, I am less interested in being Eddie Rickenbacker.

I love flying RC. If I use a drone to do photography/videography, I am less interested in being Eddie Rickenbacker.
Had a quick "google" to look who he was.Never heard of him.But even with his flying skills you can crash I just read.;).But you are right though,GPS is great if you want to shoot a photo.But I practice everytime I have the possibility.Had a meeting with other pilots and was surprised how many took off with auto start/auto landing.I think that's not good.All those pilots did have any damage the last months.

Hopefully POI is easier to setup than Wookong M that you have to press 20 buttons in order to set your point of interest ........i hope with the new app that is really nice, you can just press an object on the tablet screen and thats it !! your POI is set !

Guys for those trying to get good orbit shots the autoflightlogic software is pretty good and will be well worth the money when it comes out hopefully next week.

Lots of people on this forum have also been beta testing and the production version is going through Apple testing now so can expect to see it on the App Store any day now.

As well as orbit modes the software has numerous other modes like follow me, mimic, intersect, zip line etc so should help you with single piloted filming. Ground station is rumoured to be the new phase of the app development.

Guys for those trying to get good orbit shots the autoflightlogic software is pretty good and will be well worth the money when it comes out hopefully next week.
Can't wait to get this on Android.

i can not do a nice and smooth 360 turn in order to shoot something ... I try changing settings, ATT, brake at minimum, expo curve, yaw at 70 and i can not fine the right settings to get it smooth enough. I
been flying for almost 3 years with a DJI F550 with DYS 3 axis gimbal and love it ....i can do perfectly smooth 360 with my Futaba 8FG super ...
This is a nice smooth 360 I shot with my inspire click 2048p in the bottom right corner to view in hq Key Biscayne Tennis Center

I have been reading this post and like most I think it comes with practice,while this video isn't perfectly smooth I am getting there

Reactions: huppe
Why not use the yaw on the gimbal whilst flying round the subject to achieve the desired shot?

Its worth mentioning that the I1 doesnt seem to yaw smoothly in high winds.
I frequently find that the yaw speed increases as the profile of the I1 to the wind changes.

other than that just practice. I find humming a song in my head helps me to gauge the speed of the shots I am looking for. I hum a fast or slow song depending on the planned result....... I am weird though

Reactions: B-Scene Films

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84