Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anybody in the UK bought from Amazon.com ?

Reaction score
I've been using my beloved P2 Vision Plus as a trusty back up for my Inspire. Unfortunately due to my own stupidity I've crashed it and despite repairs it's too risky to fly it.
I was thinking of getting a P3 Advanced, but I see on Amazon.com it's $1000 compared to £1000. Anybody from the UK bought from .com ??, if so did you have to pay any duty ?

I've been using my beloved P2 Vision Plus as a trusty back up for my Inspire. Unfortunately due to my own stupidity I've crashed it and despite repairs it's too risky to fly it.
I was thinking of getting a P3 Advanced, but I see on Amazon.com it's $1000 compared to £1000. Anybody from the UK bought from .com ??, if so did you have to pay any duty ?
Amazon will undoubtedly fill in the requisite customs forms which will be stuck all over the exterior of the box it is shipped in and a $1,000 value will stand out like a sore thumb.
Do you feel lucky?????? :D

Amazon will undoubtedly fill in the requisite customs forms which will be stuck all over the exterior of the box it is shipped in and a $1,000 value will stand out like a sore thumb.
Do you feel lucky?????? :D

No I'm not lucky in that respect and will probably get hammered. Any ideas what the duty rate is ?

No I'm not lucky in that respect and will probably get hammered. Any ideas what the duty rate is ?

Calculations would be circa (and don't rely on this!)
  • Total customs value (including shipping costs and Insurance) - £678 (approx - I used shipping costs of $50 and Insurance of $10)
  • VAT - £136
Total landed cost £814

In addition to this there may be an additional 'handling cost' for international orders/shipments via courier. These are usually in the region of £35.

So you would be looking at circa £850(ish) assuming the calculations above.

Take a look here, this includes import duties etc.
http://slrhut.co.uk/product/ID748C73/view
Just be careful with SLR Hut. They have been known to add the VAT right at the end of the checkout process!
Additionally they were in breach of the distance selling legislation by charging a 7.5% restocking fee even for products returned to them within the EU allowable (cooling off period).
Just a heads up......

Just be careful with SLR Hut. They have been known to add the VAT right at the end of the checkout process!
Additionally they were in breach of the distance selling legislation by charging a 7.5% restocking fee even for products returned to them within the EU allowable (cooling off period).
Just a heads up......

Thanks !

Hi,

I live in the UK and have a 1 month old P3P for sale at £850. It has served me just as a backup to my other P3P for a recent mission critical photo shoot. PM me if interested.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan