Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone do long range testing with FPVLR antennas yet ??

I wont do long range flights. but after crashing into a building due to RTH, I am going for the mod. btw, the AC did a RTH when according to the RC, the AC was only 220m away. I was fly at exactly 30m height also.

Let us know what range you are getting. I have the same but with the amps. I have only tried these in my neighborhood but have not been able to get much past 13K feet.

Let us know what range you are getting. I have the same but with the amps. I have only tried these in my neighborhood but have not been able to get much past 13K feet.
13k only and you've got the amplifiers?
That doesn't sound right man especially with the amplifiers.
The basic kit is rated at 7km. Have you spoken to Tony about it?

Reactions: dreadwing
I was going to do a bit more testing before speaking with Tony. Where I live, there are houses in front and behind me. I have a pretty decent sized yard and a lot of open space, however, I have to fly past a row of 2 story houses in the front of me to get into an open greenbelt. My altitude is around 400ft, and I get about 1 bar and of HD with signal warning at 6K feet (My control link usually stays pretty high). If I fly at my neighbor's house that backs into the same greenbelt, I can then get to 13K but it still drops to 1 bar when I get close to other neighborhoods. I have also tried both auto and manual channel selections, and both yield the same results.

I plan to find an area without any obstructions from where I can launch, and see if the results are the same. If I can not get past 13K feet with more than 2 bars I will talk to Tony about them.

i've got Tony's FPVLR setup with the amps but i have only tested them without the boosters. Without the boosters (amps) i got 14k feet and just ran out of room (i was flying into a mountain and reached my max altitude!). I've only maxed out at 10k feet since then with the boosters but i've noticed that i can be a little more flexible with how i aim the controller and still maintain great signal. hopefully this weekend it will finally stop raining in utah and i'll do a long flight distance

The drizzle finally stopped and I took her out and I hit just over 2.6km with no loss of video stream and no loss of RC signal and then I turned her around coz I $hi7 myself that I was sooooo far away :O
The video stream was as clear as what it is when she's right next to you.

Thanks sooooo much @FPVLR Tony for your precious time over the phone in assisting me with my purchase and my lots and lots of questions :)

Also, a special BIGGER THAN BEN- HUR thank you to @holland on air for giving me the ios .ipa for 1.0.2!

I also would like to thank God for giving my parents the pleasure and honour of giving birth to such a sexy young man as myself

And a MASSIVE thanks to everyone on this thread who provided us all with endless amount of info about these awesome antennas! HERE HERE!

And last but not least, thanks to my good mate @turbodronepilot for organising everything with Tony for me and again, answering my every question!

Last edited:
sounds like an awesome flight. What kind of an area are you flying, is it fairly open?

Why are you using the 1.0.2 ipa for ios?

The drizzle finally stopped and I took her out and I hit just over 2.6km with no loss of video stream and no loss of RC signal and then I turned her around coz I $hi7 myself that I was sooooo far away :O

Thanks sooooo much @FPVLR Tony for your precious time over the phone in assisting me with my purchase and my lots and lots of questions :)

Also, a special BIGGER THAN BEN- HUR thank you to @holland on air for giving me the ios .ipa for 1.0.2!

I also would like to thank God for giving my parents the pleasure and honour of giving birth to such a sexy young man as myself

And a MASSIVE thanks to everyone on this thread who provided us all with endless amount of info about these awesome antennas! HERE HERE!

And last but not least, thanks to my good mate @turbodronepilot for organising everything with Tony for me and again, answering my every question!

sounds like an awesome flight. What kind of an area are you flying, is it fairly open?

Why are you using the 1.0.2 ipa for ios?
I flew in an open field and the reason I like 1.0.2 is because it has all the channels that were removed in every release there after. Apparently these channels were illegal in most parts of the world but not in Australia so beats me why we had to lose these channels...

Reactions: dreadwing
If you use the Auto channel on 1.0.2 you still get the limited channel selection, correct? In that case, which channels have you used with 1.0.2?

I flew in an open field and the reason I like 1.0.2 is because it has all the channels that were removed in every release there after. Apparently these channels were illegal in most parts of the world but not in Australia so beats me why we had to lose these channels...

Thank you Nik, awsome range and signal qualily! Happy flights!

Reactions: sirnikolas
@dreadwing,
are the 2 amplifiers blue LED lit up?
can I see a pic of your setup while it's on so I ca see that all connections and lights are as they should be?
With the amped setup you can do so much more.... someone tried fllying with antennas pointed 180 degrees away from the copter and got 2 miles, when you point at copter signal is 3 to 4 times stronger that that, so potential is 7-8 miles (if the inspire could fly that far). Anything less and you either have some serious blockage like metal fence in between you and the inspire or you might have a faulty lightbridge unit on the INspire itself. This is of course, bar any installation errors or bad cables etc that we might find on the controller side.

Just got my kit, either going to send it out to get installed or do it myself. Another question is what case do you guys use to fit the remote with the stage 2 upgrades?

Just got my kit, either going to send it out to get installed or do it myself. Another question is what case do you guys use to fit the remote with the stage 2 upgrades?
Check out the fpvlr inspire antennas thread..
Crashburn has a picture of a case that holds all his gear including the rc with stage 2..I think its called a tradecraft..

Hey Vik, it's pretty easy to do it yourself. There is a guide on FPVLR on how to open it and do the upgrade, BUT.. be super careful with the ribbon cable, don't bend it or scratch it or you'll have to send the controller in to get fixed. As long as you're careful you should be fine and do it in a half hour

Tony, yes, and battery is fully charged on both radio and amp battery. Here is the pic of the setup. I have a P3 I can pair it to make sure it is not an issue with the i1. There are no metal fences where I live. Here is a pic of my flight path. At about 3-4K from my backyard, I loose HD signal. I will test the P3 with the amps and let u know if results are the same...

fpvlrRC.jpg flightpath.png

@dreadwing,
are the 2 amplifiers blue LED lit up?
can I see a pic of your setup while it's on so I ca see that all connections and lights are as they should be?
With the amped setup you can do so much more.... someone tried fllying with antennas pointed 180 degrees away from the copter and got 2 miles, when you point at copter signal is 3 to 4 times stronger that that, so potential is 7-8 miles (if the inspire could fly that far). Anything less and you either have some serious blockage like metal fence in between you and the inspire or you might have a faulty lightbridge unit on the INspire itself. This is of course, bar any installation errors or bad cables etc that we might find on the controller side.

Tony, yes, and battery is fully charged on both radio and amp battery. Here is the pic of the setup. I have a P3 I can pair it to make sure it is not an issue with the i1. There are no metal fences where I live. Here is a pic of my flight path. At about 3-4K from my backyard, I loose HD signal. I will test the P3 with the amps and let u know if results are the same...

View attachment 1860 View attachment 1861

Same boat. All lights on and it works what I would call OK. I used to get similar distances on my stock antennas. The advanced kit gave me another few hundred feet that I can see. I get to about 3km from home and I loose HD signal. I live on a mountain so when I fly out and away there is nothing between the quad and me. If it were bright enough I could see it. My max distance so far was just over 10,000 feet.

Same boat. All lights on and it works what I would call OK. I used to get similar distances on my stock antennas. The advanced kit gave me another few hundred feet that I can see. I get to about 3km from home and I loose HD signal. I live on a mountain so when I fly out and away there is nothing between the quad and me. If it were bright enough I could see it. My max distance so far was just over 10,000 feet.

Very strange guys, so far the ones we installed ourselves are doing much more than that and signal is not being lost at all. What is the flying altitude? Area you guys also aiming at the Inspire?
these are directional wit 76 degrees beamwidth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan