Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone using iphone instead of ipad?

Reaction score
I happen to have an iPhone 5s, which seems to work with the app. Should I save myself £200 and use this, or am I limiting myself hugely?

I realise larger screen will be much more useful, but just wondered about any first hand experiences,

thanks, R

I've used it but only when I know I won't look at it much besides checking status before flying because I'll be using my video goggles.

EDIT: I have an iPhone 6. I find the previous ones too small for anything, so no point even mentioning this scenario.

Last edited:
It his may not help, but I have an IPad Air 2 and an iPhone 6 Plus. I thought I'd use the iPad, but I'm finding myself reaching for my iPhone most of the time. Not sure I would go smaller like the 5s, but iPhone 6 Plus is working great. A friend uses his iPad mini with my second remote and he likes that size.

The other thing to think about is processor speed. I'm pretty sure the app is doing some heavy lifting, but if the 5s is supported that may not be a problem.

I use my iPhone 6+ on full brightness and it works quite well. I have an iPad Air 2 which I usually hand off to whoever is controlling the camera.

I use my iPhone 6 without issue. I like the form factor since it really does push me to LOS rather than stare at the screen for flying. So yes, it works great, great for framing the shot.

I've been meaning to try my iPhone 6. Can someone tell me if the phone charges when connected to the remote?

I never really noticed to be honest. I can look tonight but I do not believe it charges.

Iphone 6 & 6+ work fine. It's just a matter if the display is too small for you. I'm using it until my Shield is delivered.

I can confirm that it doesn't charge when connected.

I've used both and prefer the iPad. However, I don't think I would've purchased an iPad just for this. The iPhone alone would've suited me just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used an iPhone 5 for my Phantom 2 Vision+, and then a Samsung S5. Now I use the S5 for the inspire and it works great. It's nice to not need the second bra the Inspire came with, as the S5 is light enough to just hand hold ( and frankly one bra is enough to get uncomfortable LOL).

The 5S will not have the AE lock. That is the only iOS device. If that is not an issue you are fine.

also does it make me use separate screens for camera/map? i don't seem to have the option of the floating map window bottom right (unless i've missed it)

also does it make me use separate screens for camera/map? i don't seem to have the option of the floating map window bottom right (unless i've missed it)

It is something you can turn in in settings. I have a second screen on the bottom right (iPhone 6+)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters