Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Attaching and Detaching Camera while powered on

I see ok, my bad didn´t see it then. my question would be then how can make the IMU initialize while the craft is on to re do the process.. is there a way to do that or only by repowering the I1 again which is in the process you are doing at current (I will switch to that I guess) :)
make no big difference and is not more time consuming than the other method... best would be the case some people have bought already... to be able to put it away in landing mode with camera attached.

Sorry, I should have said initialize (which I did in my first post) and not calibrate. The craft should remain perfectly still while initialising which the guy in the video doesn't allow it do.

Correct but it wasn't enough to mess with the initializing, The craft will know when there is too much movement for initialization. But with the said, I would advise to wait for the craft to completely boot before you start moving it around.

I really don't understand what the problem is, it only takes about 30sec to take the craft out of storage mode. You then power down and attach the camera. Power back up and your ready for flight in about another 30sec.

I see ok, my bad didn´t see it then. my question would be then how can make the IMU initialize while the craft is on to re do the process.. is there a way to do that or only by repowering the I1 again which is in the process you are doing at current (I will switch to that I guess) :)
make no big difference and is not more time consuming than the other method... best would be the case some people have bought already... to be able to put it away in landing mode with camera attached.

Then we will have people complaining that they scratched or damaged their camera putting it in travel mode.

Having an understanding of the solar indices is of great help when using radio communications, be it two way radio communications, mobile radio communications, radio broadcasting or any form of point to point radio communications ie. RC controller to Inspire. The K-index is a tool of measurment that helps with radio propagation prediction and enables a quick assessment to be made of the possibility of communications being disrupted. So you risk the chance of losing radio communication even in Atti so you have the ability of losing all control.
Yes - I understand radio propagation and I understand the volatility/fragility of an RF link (especially at the wavelengths we are utilising) but, you are wrong in your assumption that a severed control link would cause a problem.
What happens if you turn your TX completely off with the Inspire in the sky.... that pretty much is as severed as you can get? Does it plummet to terra ferma?... No... It sits there hovering for a bit and then the logic takes over that tells it that there is no rss or change of stick inputs via the data stream and so initiates RTH.
My argument is, if that had happened, at worst it would think that Home Point was a few meters away from where it actually was and in any case, the control link would keep trying to re-establish a handshake with the craft itself until successful.

Somethings take setup time. This is one of them. Set it up properly and see less problems. Set it your own way, take a risk. Some people weigh risk differently so it is all in the eye of the beholder. I tend to be pretty close to the middle when it comes to being conservative vs liberal with my "toys."

Yes - I understand radio propagation and I understand the volatility/fragility of an RF link (especially at the wavelengths we are utilising) but, you are wrong in your assumption that a severed control link would cause a problem.
What happens if you turn your TX completely off with the Inspire in the sky.... that pretty much is as severed as you can get? Does it plummet to terra ferma?... No... It sits there hovering for a bit and then the logic takes over that tells it that there is no rss or change of stick inputs via the data stream and so initiates RTH.
My argument is, if that had happened, at worst it would think that Home Point was a few meters away from where it actually was and in any case, the control link would keep trying to re-establish a handshake with the craft itself until successful.

Yes, you are right all Inspire 1's return to home everytime. So go ahead and count on the RTH function and the possiblilty of the re-establishment of communication being successful.

Agree

I do not understand the issue, remember there is a proper procedure for setting many things up and at the end of the day to turn on the copter to take it out of travel mode = what a hole 30 seconds. Short cuts do nothing but to add to the list in trying to figure out what happened when things go wrong. Take the 30 seconds, I feel it will be time well worth it.

Reactions: DJeff1
What makes the biggest difference would be the time factor. If this took 20 min to setup I would understand looking for shortcuts. But to be so busy you can not spend two minutes to setup instead of one minute to shortcut makes very little difference and very little sense.

can someone help me in the search of a k-index link that was posted here in the forum. unfortunately i can't remember who posted it. All I can remember is that it was a self made site receiving donations via PayPal for hosting it. it was a very nice site with clear information on which day is flight day recommended and on which day one should not power on the I1...

if someone know the link can you please repost it or even better make it sticky for all of us to see and use probably.
I couldn't find it in the search of the forum. :(

thank you

Last edited:

Check this out guys. It seems it saved us the step we had been discussing about.

But note that the it goes to flight mode without being on the ground! Didn't know it was possible. I'll try that later today!

One other problem I see with this process is a simple safety concern. I don't have a toddler running around, but I still won't attach the props while the AC is powered. If someone picks up the RC or the flight controller gets frisky..... I attach the camera and the props while the AC is powered down. One extra power-on to drop the landing gear is worth the time to protect fingers and the camera.

can someone help me in the search of a k-index link that was posted here in the forum. unfortunately i can't remember who posted it. All I can remember is that it was a self made site receiving donations via PayPal for hosting it. it was a very nice site with clear information on which day is flight day recommended and on which day one should not power on the I1...

if someone know the link can you please repost it or even better make it sticky for all of us to see and use probably.
I couldn't find it in the search of the forum. :(

thank you

http://www.uavforecast.com/

There you go. :)

Reactions: sirnikolas
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!! [emoji3] [emoji7] [emoji12] [emoji41] [emoji57] [emoji106] [emoji173] [emoji172] [emoji171] [emoji170] [emoji169]

i would need an android version... i dont mind to pay for as long as it is good and usable :)

i have that one too... i was actually looking for a good wind forecast too... an app like tze site would be awesome... but i cant program... :(

but thank you. this one is really good indeed.

I guess coming for larger birds like the s1000 / s900, The setup time is nothing on the inspire.

Coming from a Phantom 2 where I just can take it out of the case, calibrate and start flying... INSPIRE 1 is a pain in the ***. ;)
However, my hexacopter are worse at every level, except that it can take a bigger camera.

Have ordered a larger case that hopefully will sort out my problems. A case where I just can put it in, in flight mode, with the camera and propellers mounted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travejars