Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

ATTI: LANDING IN HIGH WINDS!

Reaction score
Almost had me a dangerously close call this morning.. Winds were steady 4-6mph and with gusts up to 10-15mph.. Well guess I should have watched the weather because I almost soiled myself.. Gusts were peaking 15-20mph, you would think NOT A PROBLEM, RIGHT?? Well not thinking, I was still in ATTI mode, and let's just say I learned something the HARD-WAY, and will NEVER do that again.. Granted my GIRL is perfectly fine, but my conscience is not.. Rarely do I ever take my eyes off the AC while flying, but was too busy playing with the GoPro videoing at the same time and didn't see or hear a warning of an upcoming gust as it did.. Everything happened to quickly and what video I was taking, I must have hit the record button again while I panicked and shut it off. The GOPRO however is wet and probably damaged as it did fall in a puddle of water.. I did not have it in its protective case because I Velcro it to my chest plate on my Camelbak tethering strap.. I wanted to show off my GIRL and detached it from safety, and wanted to do a close up of the AC coming into me.. Well I'm quite sure you can use your imagination. Picture controlling the AC with one hand and holding a GOPRO with the other, and the craft is in ATTI mode[emoji15]! Surprise, surprise, better be on your game (WIND GUST) lmao! Recovered, but now NERVES are shot[emoji20]! Just friendly advise, don't do what I did[emoji16]! Had enough fun for one day, more on the video from the GOPRO should it have survived, def gonna need some editing, my French isn't so well[emoji13]!!

Don't talk so much...............recover the video and show it to us :D

Update! The video is "corrupted" with some sort of code and may be retrievable (video recovery)[emoji6]! Not sure of the GP-H3+ currently in the ICU[emoji20]! Amazing what just a puddle can do, can't imagine a small leak submerged in WATER in the case.. Bright side of things I got parts lol. Anyways you ain't missing anything[emoji13]! $1.00 a view, humor at my cost[emoji16]!! Fly Safe and Have Fun..

Reactions: sirnikolas
Update! The video is "corrupted" with some sort of code and may be retrievable (video recovery)
emoji6.png
!

If you still have the original puddle video on the same micro card, insert the micro card in another GP-H3+...it will detect the movie clip has not been "closed" properly and often will fix it. I did this with mine when a Phantom 2/GPH4+ took a bath in the ocean for 2 hours, worked perfectly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk