Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autograss racing with Inspire 2

Reaction score
Had a fun day videoing Autograss racing with the Inspire 2 (mainly, with a bit fro, the Inspire 1). Made ourselves quite dizzy standing in the centre cintrolling the drone round and round the relatively smalll circuit (covered 31 miles round and round in total).

Captured with the X5S and Olympus 17mm lens. Hope you enjoy.

Thanks! We were pretty much limited (on most of the circuit) to being on the inside for safety reasons because of the spectators and nearby road and at our max allowed 400ft altitude we couldn't get the whole track in, but hopefully at other venues we can experiment more.

First time doing cars so was great experience and challenge.

Reactions: niki
I love the 17mm, my favourite (I have the 12, 17, 25 and 45). It's a good compromise on focal length for the I inspire, pretty cheap and produces some great images.

Reactions: niki
Did you do all of the flying and camera work yourself or did you use a 2nd controller? You did a great job tracking individual cars. Was that tracking manual or did you use one of the tracking modes? Nice job.

Had a fun day videoing Autograss racing with the Inspire 2 (mainly, with a bit fro, the Inspire 1). Made ourselves quite dizzy standing in the centre cintrolling the drone round and round the relatively smalll circuit (covered 31 miles round and round in total).

Captured with the X5S and Olympus 17mm lens. Hope you enjoy.

Looks great - we really like the 17mm lens as well.

Did you do all of the flying and camera work yourself or did you use a 2nd controller? You did a great job tracking individual cars. Was that tracking manual or did you use one of the tracking modes? Nice job.

Thanks, it was a two man operation as the cars were pretty quick. Manual tracking all the time, would have liked to try the tracking modes but we didn't really get time. It was race after race so we were left just trying to keep up :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44