Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Can you also get access to display the detailed battery data available to DJI GO app while you are asking the them?
Display, write to the logs, or both? The app already writes the battery details to the telemetry.tsv file. Is that what you are looking for?

Perhaps it''s time to rename this thread, since Autopilot is no longer in beta?
We created a new thread in the classifieds section and linked to it several pages back, but people just keep posting here. :)

[QUOTE="Autoflight Logic, post: 59944, We created a new thread in the classifieds section and linked to it several pages back, but people just keep posting here. :)[/QUOTE]

Its normal, the guy's like your work, and the fantastic SW! :))

I was wondering... I haven't had a chance to try out Autoflight yet (waiting for my Mini 4 to come in) but I was curious...

Is it possible, to set a flight plan (waypoints or something) and then control the gimbal with the right stick? Basically turning the master into a temporary slave? to switch back and forth?

To have the ultimate one controller control? Possible?

Reactions: damoncooper
Waypoint Mode is coming.

In any of the other Computer Flight Control Modes (Orbit, Follow, Target, Zip Line), you can select the Joystick Focus Strategy and do just that. This will be part of Waypoint Mode as well.

Will WayPoint Mode allow multiple POI for each waypoints or only single POI?

Is it possible to use the C1/C2 buttons to set various points? (ie, use C1 to place Point A in Cablecam, use C2 to place point 2, or use C1/C2 to place POI). often time, difficult to use the screen due to glare or dangerous to take your eyes off the bird.

I've read through the flight school a few times and now have 3 autopilot flights done and still learning.

I'm a bit confused with the camera modes. What's the difference between joystick and passive?

Say i want to orbit a horse in a field which is some distance from me. What's the best way to set the horse as my focus point and then start circling it?
Is there a way to point the camera at a subject manually and then set it to lock on that subject without moving an icon on the map?

Brilliant software btw, could do with more in depth video guides as experimenting in the air is a bit nail biting. Would like to get to know some of the intermediate and advanced features a bit better.

Reactions: Busch
Hi, I bought this great autopliot app after beta testing and I bought the in app feature "Orbit" on my iPad mini 2. So - I also have the iPad Air but I cannot transfer the in app Orbit feature... or maybe I am to stupid? What can I do?

Will WayPoint Mode allow multiple POI for each waypoints or only single POI?
Eventually, but may not be available in the first cut - just depends if we have time.

Is it possible to use the C1/C2 buttons to set various points?
Not right now, but it is possible in a future release.

I'm a bit confused with the camera modes. What's the difference between joystick and passive?
Check out the Focus tutorial video we just released. To directly answer, Joystick allow you to move the gimbal with the right RC joystick, while passive tells Autopilot to not touch the gimbal at all (assuming you are going to be using a second RC).

Say i want to orbit a horse in a field which is some distance from me. What's the best way to set the horse as my focus point and then start circling it?
Is there a way to point the camera at a subject manually and then set it to lock on that subject without moving an icon on the map?
If the horse is moving, this would require image recognition, which isn't available. If the horse is stationary, you can use the Set with Aircraft Position technique described in the video.

Hi, I bought this great autopliot app after beta testing and I bought the in app feature "Orbit" on my iPad mini 2. So - I also have the iPad Air but I cannot transfer the in app Orbit feature... or maybe I am to stupid? What can I do?
Restore Purchases.

is there a way to make the videos in app like in the GO??
Hey mdomeny. You question is too vague. More details please. If you put more effort into your questions then you will get people putting more effort into their answers :)

sorry, first of all my name is Martin :) nice to meet you.
my question is if it would be possible to imlpement the tutorial videos into the app like in the help menu of the DJI GO app... instead of youtube videos.
this way one can go and see the video without having an internet connection... and watch the information over and over again... i was just wonder if that would be possible next to the other trillion priorities that are on the "is planned list" :)

Thanks for the tutorial video as the AFL manual is not clear at many points the video helps a lot.

Hi all.
Sorry if this has been asked already, but it's a long thread:
I'm thinking of giving Autopilot a go with my Inspire but my iPad mini 3 is only wifi. Will I miss out on much functionality by not having a GPS tablet? I have an iPhone 5s too if that makes any difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool