Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

RELEASE NOTE FIRMWARE 1.3.0

Overview:
1. All-in-One Firmware version updated to: v1.3.0

What’s New:
6. Added DJI SDK API support for Inspire 1.

Release notes for DJI firmware V1.3.0 indicate that its supports SDK APIs. We may not need to download SDK firmware if this is correct.

When will Autopilot be released?
Autopilot will be released as soon as DJI releases the new firmware which supports the SDK for the Inspire 1 and Phantom 3.

Fortunately, it's raining again. That keeps me at least from updating all too hastily.
I'll patiently wait until AutoFlightLogic chimes in.

It would be nice, better, much needed, if the (in DJI Pilot) programmable gimbal mode buttons would still work. I want/need to be able to reset the gimbal after disengaging a mode. As it is now I have to close AutoPilot, start DJI Pilot, reset the gimbal, close DJI Pilot and start AutoPilot again.
Unless I'm overlooking a feature?

Well you guys better hurry up and release AutoPilot, the new DJI Go App mentions "Point of Interest", "Follow Me" and lots more references to "Litchi" which seems to some sort of GroundStation function. I'm not in the DJI beta testing so I can't compare but the DJI solution is much closer now.

Last edited:
Reactions: andymac4182
I LOVE the newest update. One odd thing is occurring that I need to go test right now again during Zip where I set the aircraft position clicking the button and it shows the correct altitude but then when I engage the Autopilot it will climb no matter what altitude and then hover of course until I tell it to fly to Point B.
Can you email a video and flight telemetry to support?

Yes but that doesn't answer the question does it, I'm not going to go through the whole process of updating craft,controller, batteries just to have to downgrade again and re do all the updates. I will wait for @Autoflight Logic to comment on it's suitability.
The SDK download on the DJI developer portal has not been updated, and the firmware available from the same location is still the beta firmware. We have had another user report that he was unable to run Autopilot after updating to the latest available, and despite the claim that it allows downgrading, he says it only allows downgrading as far as 1.3.0, which is to say, at the moment, no downgrade at all. We have a question in to DJI about the situation.

It would be nice, better, much needed, if the (in DJI Pilot) programmable gimbal mode buttons would still work. I want/need to be able to reset the gimbal after disengaging a mode. As it is now I have to close AutoPilot, start DJI Pilot, reset the gimbal, close DJI Pilot and start AutoPilot again.
Unless I'm overlooking a feature?
Autopilot automatically returns the gimbal to FPV follow, 0 degrees on disengage, is this not happening for you? DJI has not responded to our question yet about using those buttons.

Can you email a video and flight telemetry to support?

The SDK download on the DJI developer portal has not been updated, and the firmware available from the same location is still the beta firmware. We have had another user report that he was unable to run Autopilot after updating to the latest available, and despite the claim that it allows downgrading, he says it only allows downgrading as far as 1.3.0, which is to say, at the moment, no downgrade at all. We have a question in to DJI about the situation.

Autopilot automatically returns the gimbal to FPV follow, 0 degrees on disengage, is this not happening for you? DJI has not responded to our question yet about using those buttons.

Which is strange as the release notes states it has the SDK built in and downgrade able to v1.26

Which is strange as the release notes states it has the SDK built in and downgrade able to v1.26
Agree, but I am sure you understand our position. We don't want to install something that will make it impossible for us to continue testing.

This Eric does
For those of you who are curious, here is a video of the fateful moments leading up to the Eric Rose crash:

I just got notification not to update to the new firmware. So, not only can I not participate in the DJI beta program, I'm two firmwares behind. I'm moving on. Get on the ball with the firmware.

I just got notification not to update to the new firmware. So, not only can I not participate in the DJI beta program, I'm two firmwares behind. I'm moving on. Get on the ball with the firmware.
I'm not really sure what you are implying, but at the moment this is out of our control. DJI has not posted a version of the SDK that is compatible with anything other than what we are distributing.

I'm not really sure what you are implying, but at the moment this is out of our control. DJI has not posted a version of the SDK that is compatible with anything other than what we are distributing.
Currently, I am locked into the firmware that allows me to use autopilot. I cannot fully participate in the DJI beta program and I am sure with the new release of the pilot app, there are some features I cannot use until the firmware is upgraded

From my perspective, there needs to be a firmware where I can do both. Right now, with what I have, I'm limited. I guess I don't understand why DJI and autoflight are not on the same page firmware wise. And it's probably my lack of understanding.

I guess I don't understand why DJI and autoflight are not on the same page firmware wise. And it's probably my lack of understanding.
We are at the mercy of what DJI does. For whatever reason, they have decided to release a version of their firmware to consumers that does not currently support the latest version of the SDK that they have made available to developers. Until DJI updates the SDK, we have no control over the situation.

All I can say is, we are committed to updating as soon as something becomes available. I hope history has proven that we are nothing but responsive.

We are at the mercy of what DJI does. For whatever reason, they have decided to release a version of their firmware to consumers that does not currently support the latest version of the SDK that they have made available to developers. Until DJI updates the SDK, we have no control over the situation.

All I can say is, we are committed to updating as soon as something becomes available. I hope history has proven that we are nothing but responsive.
Understood. I can understand your frustration with DJI. I've had my own helping of it.

I concur. It doesnt return to fpv for me either.
Can you guys do a quick test for me? Put your Inspire on your desk, props off, and engage focus mode with the strategy set to direction. Then move your device around to make the gimbal not point straight ahead, and then disengage Autopilot. Does the gimbal reset back to FPV 0 degrees?

Hi ,just wanted to share some info with all of you. My DJI pilot (on Ipad air 2 and Iphone 6) automatically updated to become the new DJI GO app. I did however disconnect data and tried to fly the inspire with the beta inspire firmware downloaded from the firelight (autopilot) webpage which is needed to use autopilot, to avoid getting a request to update firmware of inspire. Glad to say it worked no problem, and I could fly with the old beta firmware and the new DJI GO app, retaining the possibility to use also autopilot beta!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool