Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

wow.. looks like DJI just released the updated SDK, now version 2.3.. also released new developer's beta firmware for the SDK..

I wonder if their official firmware is forthcoming to support this new SDK. check the dev site....

Release Date: 2015.08.10

Overview:
Beta Firmware for Phantom 3 Advance version updated to: V01.04.0001
Beta Firmware for Phantom 3 Professional version updated to: V01.04.0001
Beta Firmware for Inspire 1 version updated to: V01.04.00.01

Enhancement: 1. Added option for failsafe action while the aircraft is in Waypoint mode. 2. Enable emergency stop interface for Onboard SDK. 3. Added Point of Interest orientation mode on protocol level. 4. Modified the limit value for follow slop and max velocity attribute. 5. Added altitude tracking for Follow mode. 6. Modified push data operation in Follow mode.

Got a notification in the autopilot app about the new SDK and that they hope to have a new build this weekend. Really impressed with Autopilot's work on all of this. Great work guys! Look forward to it.

Reactions: kode
Why dont DJI employ/buy AutoPilot???

That way.........
1. They will give customer what they want
2. Things would get things done and in a good time scale
3. Customer satisfaction would be excellent
4. There would be next to no bitching on every forum about them

Just a thought :) :) :)

wow.. looks like DJI just released the updated SDK, now version 2.3.. also released new developer's beta firmware for the SDK...
Some users are reporting that they were able to update to this firmware from the 1.3.0 production firmware, and use it with the current build of Autopilot.

Reactions: Kilrah
wow.. looks like DJI just released the updated SDK, now version 2.3.. also released new developer's beta firmware for the SDK..

I wonder if their official firmware is forthcoming to support this new SDK. check the dev site....

Release Date: 2015.08.10

Overview:
Beta Firmware for Phantom 3 Advance version updated to: V01.04.0001
Beta Firmware for Phantom 3 Professional version updated to: V01.04.0001
Beta Firmware for Inspire 1 version updated to: V01.04.00.01

Enhancement: 1. Added option for failsafe action while the aircraft is in Waypoint mode. 2. Enable emergency stop interface for Onboard SDK. 3. Added Point of Interest orientation mode on protocol level. 4. Modified the limit value for follow slop and max velocity attribute. 5. Added altitude tracking for Follow mode. 6. Modified push data operation in Follow mode.

I'm on the dji dev site but can't find the updated SDK?? Found it!

Last edited:
Some users are reporting that they were able to update to this firmware from the 1.3.0 production firmware, and use it with the current build of Autopilot.
thanks. Any users reporting updating this firmware from previous beta firmware not allowing them to use current built 28 of autopilot??

Hi, I installed it on phantom 3 inspire1 that the new firmware FW_V01.04.0001 and I must say that autopilot recognizes the drones and works without problems but I've noticed that if you start the app dji -go to make adjustments then I close the application that is absolutely not in the background and i open the program autopilot does not recognize the drones , so I have to turn off the drones and remote turn on drones and remote controls and you start the app autopilot with this procedure are recognized , the autopita and ' fantastic and works well with the latest changes and ' very easy to get working compliments to the programmer , greetings from Emanuele Italy

But is it safe to upgrade to the new SDK with resp. to Autopilot beta test?
I'll better wait for Autoflightlogic to give the green light.

the firmware is basically the current public firmware+support for SDK v2.3. I mean, sooner or later Autpoilot will have to update their app to support the new SDK.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oharac