Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Avoid non-DJI 1345S Quick Release Prop Mounts

All of the sudden the props showed up over-night. Yet the web site still shows them as not shipped. This all happened once I posted here. Now, if DJI would only do the right thing by the bunk TB48 Battery they sold me. Dead out of the box - the problem is I ordered my system way back in February and due to travel and work I did not get it until August. Everything is fine except one TB48 will not charge. Contacted supplier told to contact DJI europe since that is where I am with it at the moment…. more than 3 weeks goes by I finally get a reply that the TB48 is "one month out of Warranty" and that i "should buy a new one". Never flown, never charged - buy a new one.

talk to the guys in germany. they are very kind and do try to help wherr they can... they did help me...

All of the sudden the props showed up over-night. Yet the web site still shows them as not shipped. This all happened once I posted here. Now, if DJI would only do the right thing by the bunk TB48 Battery they sold me. Dead out of the box - the problem is I ordered my system way back in February and due to travel and work I did not get it until August. Everything is fine except one TB48 will not charge. Contacted supplier told to contact DJI europe since that is where I am with it at the moment…. more than 3 weeks goes by I finally get a reply that the TB48 is "one month out of Warranty" and that i "should buy a new one". Never flown, never charged - buy a new one.

Stacy, that's great! Still, we shouldn't have to shame a company into doing proper business. I wonder if my missing stuff will ever show up? If not, I have a backup plan. That is, start going to their marketing shows/seminars/conventions and ask lots of embarrassing questions about their business practices. Maybe then I can finally get what I paid for months ago.

Dear DJI
It has come to our attention that your plastic crap "self lubricating" QR hubs are cracking and wearing prematurely causing sudden ejaculation of your QR props ending in total destruction of our $4500 drone... Please advise your solution and guarantee a FULL REPLACEMENT of our Inspire 1 if the aforementioned part fails mid air because of your incompetence and poor design and inability to produce robust parts for such a craft. You are also advised that CASA in Australia has advised many chief controllers here NOT TO USE the QR props or failing hubs due to safety issues. I deem this message to your customers that YOU, DJI accept FULL responsibility for such failures And DJI will be held accountable in a court of law for such damages to person and property as a result of such OEM QR prop and hub failures.. If not, then fk off

so much hostility...try anger management!:mad:

If you want to sell this faulty battery, let me know how much you want. I'm in the u.k.

Is warranty voided when using non-DJI authorized mounting plates?
I personally don't use them as I am a strong believer of redundancy and that's why I'm still using self tightening props and prop locks but I know a lot of people who have made the transition to said mounting plates.
Can you tell me if the old style props with prop lock are still available to purchase
Also can I remove the QR plates by just removing the two screws and then screw on the old style props?

If you still have your bad battery you might want to try and reset it..
I did a search for you..hope it helps..
turb. ..
Dead battery | DJI Inspire Forum

Reactions: sirnikolas
Sorry mate you're right. Last time I checked they didn't have them.
Cheers.
no worries. Technically they were very hard to find at first anyway, dont think they ever even sold them for the first 6 months or more the inspire was sold for. good thing they shipped them with two sets, lol!

Reactions: sirnikolas
Like I've stated on other threads, DJI should replace all of our prop systems with the latest design. Obviously, the first two weren't good enough and we were used as beta testers.

I agree I am sure with the QR system sooner or later most Inspire will fall down and have accidents.

Who here has a torque driver that can measure 0.5-0.8Nm? Hey DJI when will you supply these free of charge so that we can make the replacements to your required specification??????????

When car makers provide torque wrench so you can replace a flat tire.

I have two torque drivers with different ranges. I haven't used them for awhile so they may be hard to find. They were once used to adjust R/W heads on an 18" multi plater disk drive. (about the size of a washing machine with 8X18" 2 side platers and only 300MB)

Wished i had seen this all before. Just lost a 1345S prop in mid flight and the kite spiralled down with considerable damage. Bummer!
Good news was that upon analysis of the flight data DJI told me this is warranty so they take this seriously i.m.h.o.
Still have to return the kite to them for repair.
Meanwhile I also found out about the 1345T props with a better locking.
Will ask them to upgrade to the newer 1345T props and mouniing set as i do not want to experience this again - not good for my nerves.

"For me as an engineer the whole design is flawed. The ~5mm gaps between halves of the hub allow the plastic to flex. A quick test on this would be to fix the plastic hub to a bench, tie a piece of string around the hub under the lugs and then pulling vertically. You will see the gaps reduce as the pulling forces force the hub inwards in order for the string to pull away. The same effect with a prop. As the dynamic vertical force applied increases the prop forces the 2 halves of the hub to close - and whether or not the lugs are worn, it will pop off. A rapid decent will be the worst case scenario here.

Look, if DJI wanted me to engineer a solution, I would choose the T6061 alloy long before any other material. I have seen some guy (Zac Hary) in the US making copies of the RimTai hubs out of T7075, but T7075 is way too hard for the plastic props and , and T6061 has better all round properties under load."

I hear ya.
And for me, as someone who appreciates sarcasm, "Quick Release Propellers" scores a 10/10.

A Quick Test: you don't even need to fix the hub to a bench to do this test - just pinch the hub with your fingers when it's still connected to the bell housing. You can see the gaps under the hub in the attached photo. This is one of my hubs that developed stress fractures after 75 flights. I didn't catch this before take-off... this was a post-incident discovery.

A Rapid Descent: Yup. One of my props came off, and the Inspire cart-wheeled out of the sky. Fortunately, this was just 30s after take-off, I heard the unusual cavitation sounds, and stopped ascending. My Inspire came down into a tree, which cushioned the fall, and nothing was irreparably damaged. Lucky me.

After having this experience, and then realizing the very flawed design of these hubs (poor structural design, incredibly brittle material) I would gladly shell out some money for a set of CNC'd T6061 or maybe Ti alloy hubs.

The "hub pinch test" will now be part of my SOP.

Attachments

• IMG_1764.JPG
    IMG_1764.JPG
    668.6 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: Ward Paterson
2 solutions...

1 get rim tai QR adaptor
2nd lastest adaptor n props...

I use rim tai qr adaptor... now is 2xx ori qr + 3xx rim tai aluminum hub .. flight the props it self show no wear off.. i knw dji will don't like we using aftermarket part... but what to do at that time... i am scare to death after see alot ppl post abut the plastic hub faliue... so dji please forgive me i using the rimtai while the lastest props lock not at the market yet...

Reactions: Ward Paterson
DJI you are so full of dog droppings....Torque wrench..WTF?? just use locktite....I use STO quick release adaptors and carbon props, I have to use multi grips to loosen them after each flight. I would never use that plastic DJI crap ever again

I have been using the quick release props with the hubs for a couple of years now. The one thing I did was glue the spring clip to the bottom of the hub. The problem most people had with the hubs was from over tightening them and then the thin plastic would crack and weaken the hub. When gluing the clip to the hub, you can’t pinch them to break them. I am still using my original pair. I inspect them every flight. Just a suggestion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop