Balancing X5 Gimbal

Reaction score
Website
www.all-things-photography.com
Hi All,

I just bought a stronger B & W 6 Stop ND filter for the Olympus 12mm and it is heavier than the last.

The balance was out before switching on so I "blu-tacked" a 1p coin to the back of the X5 and a 2p coin to the side and it is balanced perfectly. Turns on and works ok but just concerned about burning the motors...has anyone else balanced their X5 and if so, how did you do it?

Thanks,

Nick

Attachments

• X5-balanced-with-coins.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 120
Dji has the balance rings for sale I just ordered one for my Olympus m. Zuiko Ed 14-42 Ez lens

Hi all,
On my Inspire Pro X5 consistently falls to the left, when powered off, in it’s basic setup. Which I think needs balancing.
Ahmet

So we have to stick coins to keep the X5 balanced with a nd filter? ...

Last edited:

A couple of photos of this set up would be really good (hint, hint)

Reactions: unyks
Thirty bucks for a kit that includes three dollars worth of wheel weights and some velcro. Great stuff. Oh, forgot about the clear plastic carrying case (ziploc bag).

Thirty bucks for a kit that includes three dollars worth of wheel weights and some velcro. Great stuff. Oh, forgot about the clear plastic carrying case (ziploc bag).

And the poster just happens to be the eBay seller of the balance kit he mentions. Although he doesn't say that in his post, strangely

Reactions: Charles.mabry

Doing what you did is still an advertisement. Either pony up and sponsor the forum, or stop peddling your overpriced kit.

Reactions: Charles.mabry
Prohibere guys or this thread will go the same way as Latin - Dead!
@windwardbound - we cut you some slack on this because we considered you had a genuine desire to help out the community without making things a commercial enterprise.
Making comments like the one above will not enamour you to other members and the 'slack' will very soon disappear.
If we consider the community is being 'mined' then any references to other sites/eBay including those in your profile will be deleted.

Thank you.

Windwardbound will no longer be commenting or selling on this site. Sorry for the inconvenience.