Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered the two 6S 22.2V batteries these guys offer (Titan). They are extremely low C (around 4C) so it's a bit sketchy flying the Inspire but I'll see how they go.
I had a look, it seems the "Endurance" batteries (2C/6C/10C) will probably be enough. The "fast discharge" series (4C/13C/30C) probably aren't needed, since these are only used as aux batteries and not as stock batteries, and flight times are relatively long.
What do you think, Damon?

Is there a concensus on whether the factory props for a V1D are sufficient to reliably lift and fly (no aerobatics) the extra 700g of battery packs? They would appear to be the weak link at this point.

Damon, are you around?

This morning I try the way you setup the extra battery.
Because it is blocking the VPS, so I assuming I should turn the VPS off and also turn the Auto Gear Up function off too, but when it is up to the air I try to manually gear up switch..... nothing happen???
What is the proper way of doing that? Thank you.

T.C

Attachments

• 20160705_104845.jpg
    20160705_104845.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Damon, I've been meaning to post this and hadn't gotten around to it yet. I recall you discussing the different balance connectors that Thunder Power uses in comparison to what is usually seen on Lipo batteries. It occurred to me the other day that the balance board that came with my charger has all of the different balance connector options, including Thunder Power. My guess is this balance board can also be used with a Thunder Power charger, that way you wouldn't have to rewire the balance lead to work with Thunder Power chargers. This also allows Thunder Power batteries to be charged with other chargers.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUav
Damon, are you around?

This morning I try the way you setup the extra battery.
Because it is blocking the VPS, so I assuming I should turn the VPS off and also turn the Auto Gear Up function off too, but when it is up to the air I try to manually gear up switch..... nothing happen???
What is the proper way of doing that? Thank you.

T.C

Works for me. Not sure what might be happening. Try without the battery attached maybe?

Works for me. Not sure what might be happening. Try without the battery attached maybe?
I have turn the baterr
done that without the battery today and turn the battery pointing to the side instead of in line with the aircraft. Seems OK even not turning the VPS
Off. Will do more testing this weekend. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tycet